PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermy Courses/School

rudicanada
01-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi there, I'm wondering if anybody knows something about becoming a hobby taxidermist. I'm interested in visiting a school. The only good place I found is in Montana, USA...... Pls help a desperate guy.....

saskwhitey
01-27-2016, 03:34 PM
I just ordered a bunch of dvd's on how to do it. you can also go to taxidermy.net it is a good site. If you watch the dvd's you can learn pretty good. There is pretty much a dvd for anything you want to mount. I also had a taxidermist for a friend who was helpful when I asked questions.

TROLLER
01-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Why not just call up a taxi in your area and ask them where the closest school is.

double gun
01-27-2016, 05:55 PM
I took a course from penn in Calgary. It basically taught you how to skin/flesh your cape/skin and how to get it on the form. Very little in proper anatomy, or techniques. Just a quick and dirty course. For me it was worth it, but if you can get a taxidermist to let you watch, or learn from you would be miles ahead. I don't think you will get enough out of a book or video - nothing beats hands on. However taxidermy.net is a great resource that is full of very helpful posts from beginners to advanced.