PDA

View Full Version : Alberta CFO

duks
01-27-2016, 06:54 PM
When I renewed my Licence last time, the CFO gave me 5 years on the licence, but only 4 years on the transport permit, so it runs out this year. I have faxed the CFO 3 times and emailed twice[don't have a phone number], and they are ignoring me and not replying. I am just trying to find out if I need to renew the permit for one year, or does bill C-42 make this unnecessary? Has anyone gotten an answer from them on this question? Thanks

whiteout
01-27-2016, 07:06 PM
Did you hold a valid LTATT as of September 2, 2015?

If so, the provisions of C-42 are automatically attached to your RPAL. I just went through this as I have recently moved and was told I did not require a new LTATT, just my license.

The extension is 9026 if you call the 1-800 number.

duks
01-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Yes I did, Thanks for the info and the phone #. I don't understand why they don't just email me with this info!

Attilathecanuk
01-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Yes I did, Thanks for the info and the phone #. I don't understand why they don't just email me with this info!

They are very.... "Busy"

whiteout
01-27-2016, 10:50 PM
They are very.... "Busy"

To be 100% fair, I have never gotten anything short of excellent service from the folks at the AB CFO office when I call them.They are fast with transfers and offer to email all the documents you need right then.

Janitor Pants
01-28-2016, 09:06 AM
To be 100% fair, I have never gotten anything short of excellent service from the folks at the AB CFO office when I call them.They are fast with transfers and offer to email all the documents you need right then.

Agreed, with the key word being "call".

Typically I haven't had to wait on hold for hardly any time at all, and as long as you are polite they seem more than happy to help in a timely fashion.

elkhunter11
01-28-2016, 10:04 AM

I have had to wait months for my PAL to be renewed , because the application was complete except for the CFOs approval, and was sitting on his desk in his office. I could not get through on the phone, in several attempts, so I sent an e-mail, and received a threatening letter in return, that stated that unless I sent proof of my range membership , my renewal application would be discarded. Although there is no legal requirement to provide proof of range membership in order to renew a restricted PAL, I was aware of the games that the CFO likes to play, so I had attached proof to my application. I mentioned the attached copy when I forwarded proof a second time, and the CFO outright denied that there had been a copy attached to my application. I know several other people that went through the same nonsense when they renewed their PALs.

After the long gun registry was abolished, the Alberta CFO was one of a few CFOs that forced business owners to maintain an illegal back door registry of firearms sales. They maintained that is was provincial jurisdiction, even though the Supreme court had ruled that a firearms registry was a federal manner when some provinces argued that it was a provincial matter prior to the long gun registry being enacted in the first place.

As well anyone that has dealt with the CFO concerning range certification is likely aware of how the CFO changes his standards on a whim. The CFO just doesn't seem happy unless he finds something that he doesn't like. He will always find something that has to be changed before he will certify the range. He appears to do this just to show that he can, and if you question his findings, he simply refuses to certify the changes until you make the changes that he is demanding.

qwert
01-28-2016, 10:34 AM
I have had to wait months for my PAL to be renewed , because the application was complete except for the CFOs approval, and was sitting on his desk in his office. I could not get through on the phone, in several attempts, so I sent an e-mail, and received a threatening letter in return, that stated that unless I sent proof of my range membership , my renewal application would be discarded. Although there is no legal requirement to provide proof of range membership in order to renew a restricted PAL, I was aware of the games that the CFO likes to play, so I had attached proof to my application. I mentioned the attached copy when I forwarded proof a second time, and the CFO outright denied that there had been a copy attached to my application. I know several other people that went through the same nonsense when they renewed their PALs.

After the long gun registry was abolished, the Alberta CFO was one of a few CFOs that forced business owners to maintain an illegal back door registry of firearms sales. They maintained that is was provincial jurisdiction, even though the Supreme court had ruled that a firearms registry was a federal manner when some provinces argued that it was a provincial matter prior to the long gun registry being enacted in the first place.

As well anyone that has dealt with the CFO concerning range certification is likely aware of how the CFO changes his standards on a whim. The CFO just doesn't seem happy unless he finds something that he doesn't like. He will always find something that has to be changed before he will certify the range. He appears to do this just to show that he can, and if you question his findings, he simply refuses to certify the changes until you make the changes that he is demanding.

All power corrupts.

Our elected representatives and appointed Judiciary have abdicated their responsibility to provide oversight and require accountability from their Government goons and ‘Queen’s Cowboys’ who love to exercise their power ‘because they can’ and do continue to ‘get away with it’.

We make the mistake of respecting them for what we want them to be, and not what they actually are.

It is a great example of the ‘Stockholm syndrome'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

"Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness. The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly eight percent of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other." One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be perceived as a threat."

God save us all.

whiteout
01-28-2016, 10:51 AM
The dales “registry” must have been short lived since it doesn't exist these days?

NEWB
01-28-2016, 12:56 PM

I will second that. Recieved my RPAL and PAL very fast. They were always quick to answer the phone.

I also recieved my new RPAL/PAL with the ATT attached to it in the mail shortly after it was announced it would be attached to the license. I was a tad confused why I got the new one in the mail as I was not expecting to recieve it untill my licence was up for renewal in 4 years. :sHa_shakeshout:

duks
01-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Did you hold a valid LTATT as of September 2, 2015?

If so, the provisions of C-42 are automatically attached to your RPAL. I just went through this as I have recently moved and was told I did not require a new LTATT, just my license.

The extension is 9026 if you call the 1-800 number.
Just got e-mail from Gail at CFO. She says she has mailed my new card with the new C 42 provisions attached even tho my card doesn't expire for 2 more years. Thought I should mention this since this appears to be a different response than Whiteout got?
Thanks everyone!