PDA

View Full Version : New Honeywell WIFi thermostat install

nimrod
01-27-2016, 07:20 PM
I just installed a Honeywell Wifi focus pro 6000 thermostat, all I can say is wow, with wifi I can adjust to any temp, from anywhere I have coverage, and cheaper than the nest model, at 150

Will send low temp email but I can see the temp when I open the app, a great add on, for me

hover
01-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Had mine for a couple of years now, it works great. They send emails to you if there is any wifi connection problems, but that is far and few. I paid $109 back then.

pseelk
01-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Love mine too.You can get hi or low temp alerts to let you know if your furnace quits when its -40 and you're not home.

biggyJ
01-27-2016, 09:25 PM
Funny, mine has been a lemon. Wifi will work for about two weeks, then crap out.

Replace twice, multiple hours with online help (well kinda, hard to understand)

When it was working, the app was great. Still does its job just fine, just no wifi.

Unregistered user
01-27-2016, 10:14 PM
Similar experience with my Chamberlain MyQ. Great for 2 weeks then got quirky. Tossed it. Door opener is fine though.

Hunter65
01-27-2016, 10:36 PM
I really want to get one of these things, then heard on the radio last week about a NEST thermo that went offline for 11 hrs. No heat. Now I don't know what to do. The idea is fantastic, especially when you don't know when you're going to be home or not etc. Sounds like these things are hit and miss.