PDA

View Full Version : Most of us saw this coming.

dmcbride
01-27-2016, 10:42 PM
Pipeline projects will face a new environmental assessment process, a move the federal government says will restore the confidence of Canadians in the regulatory regime for major energy projects.

Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr and Environment Minister Catherine McKenna announced Wednesday that the government is launching an interim review process that will impose more steps on projects such as Kinder Morgan's Trans Mountain and TransCanada's Energy East pipelines before they can be built.

"We believe it is important and, in fact, essential to rebuild Canadians' trust in our environmental assessment processes," McKenna told a news conference Wednesday.

"We need to take into account the views and concerns of Canadians, respect the rights and interests of indigenous peoples and support our natural resources sector."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/environmental-regulations-pipelines-1.3422129

skidderman
01-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Bleeding heart Canadians!!!!!!

hogie
01-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Yep they will want more money to allow any development.

Extra fees for building. Then still want more of the profit for letting it go through.

hover
01-28-2016, 08:06 AM
Makes me wonder what kind of assessment process they used when they dumped the Montreal sewers into the river. Would have been a good topic in Paris. I can hardly wait to see the transfer payments drop to zero.

Sooner
01-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Makes me wonder what kind of assessment process they used when they dumped the Montreal sewers into the river. Would have been a good topic in Paris. I can hardly wait to see the transfer payments drop to zero.

I cant believe the dumping of sewage gets almost no press and it was the 3rd time they have don't it from what i hear. How hard is it for the bleeding hearts to understand we need to get our resources to other markets. By the time we make everyone with their hand out happy, there will be nothing left to put in the bank.

coastalhunter
01-28-2016, 08:54 AM
The east never gets bad press, only the west.

ArtG
01-28-2016, 09:23 AM
I cant believe the dumping of sewage gets almost no press and it was the 3rd time they have don't it from what i hear. How hard is it for the bleeding hearts to understand we need to get our resources to other markets. By the time we make everyone with their hand out happy, there will be nothing left to put in the bank.

Ottawa dump their sewer almost yearly......and you only hear about it in the local news.

V_1
01-28-2016, 10:22 AM
I understood that it has been also applied to projects currently under review? KM and East?

fargineyesore
01-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Ottawa dump their sewer almost yearly......and you only hear about it in the local news.
Don't forget about Victoria.