PDA

View Full Version : Victory motorcycle rider

vinegar
01-28-2016, 08:27 AM
Anyone here a Victory rider? The latest Gunner caught my eye and am thinking about trading/selling a few things to get one.

Any comments on them? I don't know anyone personally with them but they look like a good value for the price.

fitzy
01-28-2016, 08:39 AM
I've ridden my buddies 8 ball. It's a great bike. I've been looking at getting a victory myself.

DeltaDee
02-02-2016, 09:18 AM
I ride an 8-ball. Couldn't say enough good things about it. But then again, I love just about all bikes.. something about 2 wheels.. it's just right.

Also ride with alot of guys that think if its not a Harley it's not a bike... to each there own. Whats funny is I get compliments all the time.. in the way of "Damn that's the finest looking Harley I've seen in a while".

As for value.. I find myself squandering away money on any bike I own.. always more power to be found.

WCTHEMI
02-02-2016, 08:51 PM
I have a Vegas and am very happy with it.

riden
02-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Don't own one, but made up my mind I am buying one this Spring. All the research I have done says it is a wise choice.

I haven't decided yet on a used Kingpin, Hardball or maybe even a Cross Country.

I'll be following this thread though.

lmtada
02-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Have not tried one yet. Will go to Elk Island Sales near Fort Sask and give them a trial. I think they have rentals. Nice cruisers. Plenty of Torque.

DisplacedCaper
02-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Great choice! Bought my Vegas new in 2013 after a lot of research. The deciding factor aside from all the comparison vids I watched was the Vegas fit me extremely well, every other bike felt like I was too tall for them (6'3). The get up and go is unreal, smooth ride, 6th gear 120 km/h no vibration and loads of room to still pick up and pass without downshifting, the power is there. All that and it turns a lot of heads too:) my buddy bought a highball last year because of my Vic and he is hooked! I sat on a gunner last year at the bike show and was a nice rig. Enjoy!

fitzy
02-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Great choice! Bought my Vegas new in 2013 after a lot of research. The deciding factor aside from all the comparison vids I watched was the Vegas fit me extremely well, every other bike felt like I was too tall for them (6'3). The get up and go is unreal, smooth ride, 6th gear 120 km/h no vibration and loads of room to still pick up and pass without downshifting, the power is there. All that and it turns a lot of heads too:) my buddy bought a highball last year because of my Vic and he is hooked! I sat on a gunner last year at the bike show and was a nice rig. Enjoy!

That's a beautiful machine! How is it on corners?

DisplacedCaper
02-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Thanks Fitzy! Great on corners, the narrow front tire makes it really nimble.

jmc
02-02-2016, 11:14 PM
I owned an 8 ball for 3 seasons and it was a pretty decent bike. I didn't care for my dealer though and aftermarket options compared to Harley are severely lacking. I ended up selling the bike to buy a more serious highway cruiser and purchased a Street Glide. I would take a Victory over a Jap bike any day but after owning a Harley I'll never go back.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
02-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Before I bought my night train I test drove the victory hammer and didn't mind it and actually handled not bad for the fork design, especially in corners but it definitely needed a better handle bar stance for me.

I've been eyeing up the Indian dark horse lately, she's a beauty

does it ALL outdoors
02-02-2016, 11:49 PM
after owning a Harley I'll never go back
Right on. I test drove a victory last summer, nice bike and I really dig the looks of their V-twin but after riding the real McCoy it just didn't compare. Nice bikes though

58thecat
02-03-2016, 06:01 AM
Awesome rides boys, season is just around the corner...got an 05 Yamaha Silverado, ride her everyday, spring, summer, fall than usually a long trip too:sHa_shakeshout:

dcutter
02-03-2016, 02:24 PM
I've got the 2014 Cross Country Tour. I've been through the mill with all types of bikes from little metrics to big HDs and I wouldn't trade my Vic for anything.

Did a ride from Cold Lake to Cape Breton last summer, and by the time I got home I was ready to turn around and do it again.

Give your local dealer a call and get info on the next demo ride. The only issue you will have is once you ride one, you'll be taking one home :)

TROLLER
02-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Victory is a great ride but the bottom line is resale and you just cannot compare it to Harley.

fitzy
02-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Before I bought my night train I test drove the victory hammer and didn't mind it and actually handled not bad for the fork design, especially in corners but it definitely needed a better handle bar stance for me.

I've been eyeing up the Indian dark horse lately, she's a beauty

The Dark horse is a gorgeous bike ... never been on an Indian :scared0018:

fitzy
02-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Victory is a great ride but the bottom line is resale and you just cannot compare it to Harley.

I'd disagree and say the bottom line is buying a bIke that fits his budget, frame, riding ability and personal preference. You can figure in resale and HD has it for sure. But imo you're overpaying for the brand and Victory still has great resale.

Just my thoughts.

lmtada
02-03-2016, 07:01 PM
If you guys want to get a good deal on used bike. Go to Repo Depo.ca. They have a couple HD Fatboyz. 2007. Bid 3500-5000. would get you the bike. You can call them and ask about them on website. :thinking-006:
PB43

Ricki Bobby
02-03-2016, 07:46 PM
2012 Hardball here. Awesome power, handling and best of all no problems.

WCTHEMI
02-03-2016, 08:29 PM
I have a Vegas and am very happy with it.
My Vegas.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/WCTHEMI/IMG_0309_zps0w9cdge7.jpg

mooseknuckle
02-03-2016, 08:50 PM
my only complaint and beit cosmetic and minor. is the space between the rear wheel and tire. im sure there is a way to drop the rear end smooth it out a bit? again minor but im a bit of a princess when it comes to that. my 05 super glide custom is still treating me well. but would like to set up a test ride this spring with victory.

vinegar
02-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Great replies everyone. I'm really leaning towards a gunner. Maybe a high line with different bars. First cruiser for me.

Definitely tough to not get a Harley but the same bike is 5k+ difference. Pushing it with this as is.

riden
02-03-2016, 09:44 PM
I'd disagree and say the bottom line is buying a bIke that fits his budget, frame, riding ability and personal preference. You can figure in resale and HD has it for sure. But imo you're overpaying for the brand and Victory still has great resale.

Just my thoughts.

Plus Victory owner satisfaction is highest in the industry and their reliability is close to the metric bikes.

I have no problem buying a used Victory, whereas too many Harleys are too much for used.

2000victory
02-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Hmmm..Obvious by my title...First generation Victory..was sport cruiser , now kinda like Vegas.
Great bikes ...low maintenance , low cost,great power ...great ride, never had a major issue.
Been riding since mid 70's
Have met many many former American and Japanese riders now Victory.
Can't go wrong !!!

lmtada
02-04-2016, 04:07 PM
osman Auction has a Victory up to bid. This weekend Saturday.

https://www.osmanauction.com/oaweb/assets/photos/automotive/original/10312.JPG

Rumtan
02-05-2016, 08:25 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156435739635403&set=pcb.1013958088642725&type=3&theater