PDA

View Full Version : Selling Alberta oil

antlercarver
01-28-2016, 10:39 AM
As Irving refinery in New Brunswick gets oil by tanker from the east, tankers from Churchill could deliver from July to November. The cost of storage tanks for the rest of the year would be partly off set by not having to build a pipeline through Quebec and Ontario, just a short line through Saskatchewan which they also need and then only Manitoba.

JustMe
01-28-2016, 11:22 AM
I think there's more to it than just getting the oil delivered to the refinery in NB. What is the delivered price per bbl of middle east oil? What would the cost be for AB oil delivered to the east coast? If the oil from the middle east is cheaper (and I don't know if it is) as a business man, what oil would you buy? If the price is the same or less for AB crude, then of course they should use it, if not???

As Irving refinery in New Brunswick gets oil by tanker from the east, tankers from Churchill could deliver from July to November. The cost of storage tanks for the rest of the year would be partly off set by not having to build a pipeline through Quebec and Ontario, just a short line through Saskatchewan which they also need and then only Manitoba.

fargineyesore
01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
They could put a tax on oil from the Middle East so that it is not cheaper.

That's what the Feds did with the auto industry on imports for a long time to protect jobs in Ontario.

The Feds were fine with making WESTERN farmers sell their grain through the CWB, but Ontario and Quebec did not have to do the same.

The Feds have been only too willing to do whatever to protect jobs in Ontario and Quebec, but god forbid they do anything to protect jobs in Western Canada.

I'm not in favor of import duties, etc, but I am also not in favor of the fact that the Feds don't help people out here but are quick to help people in Central and Eastern Canada.

coreya3212
01-28-2016, 12:15 PM
I think there's more to it than just getting the oil delivered to the refinery in NB. What is the delivered price per bbl of middle east oil? What would the cost be for AB oil delivered to the east coast? If the oil from the middle east is cheaper (and I don't know if it is) as a business man, what oil would you buy? If the price is the same or less for AB crude, then of course they should use it, if not???

If is just about cost, that is great news. Alberta should just do away with all those pesky little costs that make our oil less competitive, like, minimum wages, safety regulations, environmental obstacles, reclamation costs, regulatory boards, employment standards...feel free to add your own oil guys....just me is on to something here.

Opa
01-28-2016, 12:24 PM

Do not forget that Selinger, the premier of Manitoba is NDP!!!! He and our premier dearest Nutley think alike:thinking-006:.

fargineyesore
01-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Yeah its okay to buy oil from people that could care less about human rights, women's rights, no environmental standards, etc. if it costs them less.

decoy
01-28-2016, 12:27 PM
Is there any way Alberta could pipeline oil to the western shores of Lake Superior and tanker it from there? I don't know if this would make sense economically but it would get around the Quebec issue.

Okotokian
01-28-2016, 01:11 PM
Is there any way Alberta could pipeline oil to the western shores of Lake Superior and tanker it from there? I don't know if this would make sense economically but it would get around the Quebec issue.

No pipelines in Quebec? Ship it through by train. At least Quebec unionized rail workers would have work.

Flight01
01-28-2016, 01:19 PM
Quebec Rail car oil:scared0018:

alpinebeers
01-28-2016, 02:42 PM
If I'm not mistaken pipe is already in the ground all the way to Montreal and the only new pipe will be from there to NB. The existing pipe is a Natural gas line that will be converted.

JustMe
01-28-2016, 02:48 PM
No argument from me... They should take it a lot further and include cars, stereos, toys, toasters and on and on.... All those things that come from the Asian nations that have no safety, health or environmental regulations that our government forces on our companies here in Canada. And then those companies here are supposed to compete? There should be equalization tarrifs on those goods that equal the extra costs forced on Canadian companies by our own government! Gotta love supporting all those Asian economies instead of our own!

Yeah its okay to buy oil from people that could care less about human rights, women's rights, no environmental standards, etc. if it costs them less.

densa44
01-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Wasn't there going to be one to the Arctic at one time?

It is the Canadian way, spend as much of your time as possible to screw one another.

JimPS
01-28-2016, 05:23 PM
No pipelines in Quebec? Ship it through by train. At least Quebec unionized rail workers would have work.

That would be a tough sell after Lac-Mégantic.

Was the responsible American shortline even unionized?

Okotokian
01-28-2016, 06:56 PM
That would be a tough sell after Lac-Mégantic.

Was the responsible American shortline even unionized?

want to bet there isn't lots of oil moving by rail there now?

JimPS
01-28-2016, 08:00 PM
want to bet there isn't lots of oil moving by rail there now?

Of course there is - the Irving's would sign a deal with the devil himself.

HalfBreed
01-28-2016, 08:08 PM
Someone with some guitar skills could make some money on a song about pipeline dreams.

Maybe I'll hear it at Blues on White this week-end.

Money's out there.