PDA

View Full Version : Bushcraft, Hunting, Fishing, camping buddies! I'm Aboriginal

TiiwaboN8V
01-28-2016, 01:57 PM
I am Aboriginal, really into traditional bush knowledge (bushcraft I guess is another term), and basically into doing outdoor activities on the land, such as hunting all year round, fishing as often as I can, and camping/hiking.

Just being in nature and trying to make it an adventure utilizing things my Gogo and Choomish (Grandparents) have taught me over the years.

Looking for other people into Bushcraft and other outdoor sports living activities in the Edmonton area, I'm originally from ontario, haven't made a ton of outdoor friends yet, my family are all Fur Trappers, Hunting guides and Rangers, so the bush is where I am most comfortable and at home, got my first rabbit at 7 years lol.

If your status or Metis than it is a bonus (harvesting rights etc..) I am not to sure of non-native land use allowances but we should get in touch anyway and say hello, it's all about being in the land and making relationships, getting deeper in touch with our understanding of how everything is connected to each other, and being connected to our past and our history of both native and non native alike. PM me.

I have all my own gear, from handed down HBC axes, traded goods from my Grandfathers time, all the wool and animal clothes, moccs and mitts, .44mag/.303/.22lr rifles just need someone to get to know and do stuff with, maybe make some birch bark crafts, start a birch canoe project, make some brain tan leather, swap knowledge, stories, family history, gather wild medicines, canoe trips on weekends. I'm a real minimalist in terms of what gear I carry.

Just being in nature and trying to make it an adventure utilizing things my Gogo and Choomish (Grandparents) have taught me over the years. Just a young respectful guy who tends to get along well with older generations and everybody, seeing how I grew up with grandparents.

IR_mike
01-28-2016, 02:10 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Welcome aboard you will fit right in here. :)

TiiwaboN8V
01-28-2016, 02:14 PM

Miigwetch/Thanks

Jayhad
01-28-2016, 02:52 PM
I have all my own gear, from handed down HBC axes,

That is so cool bro, I have an AXE head from my great grand father that was given to my grandfather, now to me and I feel when I use it they are there with me... but you have AXEs from generations, that is super cool.

welcome aboard

TiiwaboN8V
01-28-2016, 02:58 PM
That is so cool bro, I have an AXE head from my great grand father that was given to my grandfather, now to me and I feel when I use it they are there with me... but you have AXEs from generations, that is super cool.

welcome aboard

That's cool man, my great uncle who I am named after was a blind trapper up in treaty 9 lands back in the 40's to 60's, just goes to show how capable you really can be, his axe I carry.

The connection you get with handed down gear is strong for sure.

7mmremmag
01-28-2016, 04:19 PM
A blind trapper??? Really?

IR_mike
01-28-2016, 04:53 PM
A blind trapper??? Really?

True story.

My grandpa had very poor vision and he was a ophthalmologist.

I don't know how good he was at it though.

TiiwaboN8V
01-28-2016, 05:56 PM
He was blind, john moonias, still was able to use an axe, moose bone flesher, and help canoe.

purgatory.sv
01-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Do you like to ice fish?

If so look at this thread some of the people involved could have contacts?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=278515

antlercarver
01-29-2016, 09:08 AM
I have a very old ax which was made by a blacksmith passed down from my grandparents. Now you can not get quality like that in mass modern produced tools. We have replaced the broken handle several times and the head at least twice. It is a treasure to have that connection with my past.

Mb-MBR
01-29-2016, 12:06 PM

roflmfao..................:sHa_shakeshout:

Armour up bro'............and hang on for a ride for when the Anishinaabe topic comes up...

Welcome, this is a good forum and just like anything else it has its warts and its roses, just have to know the difference. lol