PDA

View Full Version : Night fishing pike?

bigfis
01-31-2016, 04:56 PM
Any one ever have any luck fishing pike at night? Might give it try tomorrow night if they bite. Thanks

EZM
01-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Any one ever have any luck fishing pike at night? Might give it try tomorrow night if they bite. Thanks

We have done a few all nighters ..... I can count the pike we have caught on one hand compared to the numerous sturgeon, burbot, walleye, trout, goldeyes and other species that seem to better targets or low light.

I'm sure it's doable ......

waterninja
01-31-2016, 05:22 PM
Iv'e been very succesfull with Walleye, Burbot and Pike at night, but never Trout.

Talking moose
01-31-2016, 05:29 PM
Top water pike fishing at night in the summer is a rush! ( well, only did it once just as it got dark ) but it was a blast.

EZM
01-31-2016, 05:46 PM
Iv'e been very succesfull with Walleye, Burbot and Pike at night, but never Trout.

We used to fish the bow river right in town when I lived in Calgary. Browns/Rainbows will rise to a fly in the moonlight ..... it's pretty fun.

DOGFISH
01-31-2016, 06:32 PM
While staying overnight on Slave very few Pike after dark, Walleye until 01:00 then Burbot biting to 04:00. This year Walleye biting all night. It seems to change. My biggest Pike have been caught as the sun goes down.

Michael_Brown
01-31-2016, 06:57 PM
Pike are sight feeders and are far more active during the daylight hours. Certainly they can be caught at night but the best action is during the day. They may have a slight advantage over prey in low light conditions fishing but the walleye is better suited for low light/night time fishing.

RavYak
01-31-2016, 08:55 PM
Its a waste of time. Tried it on a very productive spot and never even marked a fish.

Try for walleye, trout or burbot if you want to night fish. I have found you usually don't catch as many fish at night but a guy can get some of these other species.

Cory1
01-31-2016, 09:00 PM
Stayed last night on utikuma till 11 hoping for some walleye/burbs to pick up nope just more and more pike very active last night which wast what I was hoping for haha

calgarygringo
01-31-2016, 09:11 PM
We have spent many nights burb fishing on CVR and always caught a pike or at night. Not active like the day time but always seem to grab a few after dark.

alacringa
01-31-2016, 09:57 PM
I've gone out for burbot on several reservoirs. Lots of really nice C&R Walleye, and a few pike, but never a burb.