PDA

View Full Version : Tackle Box

Rainbowpike
02-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Hi fishermen I'm planning on getting a new tackle box for the season, and I'm wondering if Flambeau is better or Plano.
Thanks

Asillywalrus
02-01-2016, 05:38 PM
In my opinion, it depends on what model you get and what you like.

spoons
02-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Always go with Plano. The box I have is great and one day I broke the main latch when I was up north in -40 weather. I emailed them and told them and they sent latches for all 3 compartments. Great service.

cube
02-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Hi fishermen I'm planning on getting a new tackle box for the season, and I'm wondering if Flambeau is better or Plano.
Thanks

Might I suggest the large Cabelas tackle bags when they are on sale. They go on sale a number of times per year and seem to be a great value. I now have 3Magnum bags and they have been great.

aulrich
02-02-2016, 09:55 AM
X2 on the bags and the flat boxes, it way more flexible and keeps things more organized.

Rainbowpike
02-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks all

I think I'm going to go with a two tray Plano.
Thanks again for the advice:)

brohymn2
02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Might I suggest the large Cabelas tackle bags when they are on sale. They go on sale a number of times per year and seem to be a great value. I now have 3Magnum bags and they have been great.
I have the same one and love it

ghostguy6
02-02-2016, 08:14 PM

After going through probably close to 20 tackle boxes in my life so far I now go for soft bags with removable plastic trays. If you break a tray its a cheap fix, but if you break a hard tackle box you have to replace the entire box. Plus its also easier to just switch out the trays if your targeting different species or switching from hard and open water seasons.

PlayDoh
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM
I use bag types on the boat but I have 3 medium sized ones for the ice. One for each target, like I have a trout/perch box, walleye/pike and a monster pike box.
I like the ones with the clear compartments on top, so you don't have to open the box to switch between your 3-6 goto lures.

cube
02-03-2016, 10:56 AM
I use bag types on the boat but I have 3 medium sized ones for the ice. One for each target, like I have a trout/perch box, walleye/pike and a monster pike box.
I like the ones with the clear compartments on top, so you don't have to open the box to switch between your 3-6 goto lures.

Yep :)