PDA

View Full Version : keho lake

LumberjackLuke
02-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Has anyone been on the lake very recently?
I've heard the ice thickness has nearly vanished.
Please update

Frozenflyguy
02-01-2016, 08:21 PM
I was on the ice at Keho east of launch and found the ice to be consistently 14-16". Keep in mind this was on Friday last week. Walked out about 1.5km drilling lots of holes. Barely a patch of snow on the surface which made pulling a sled a dream ... Cleats were a must have!!

Good luck ... Stay safe

FFG

4x4bowhunter
02-01-2016, 08:22 PM
I fished there Friday and Saturday. Ice was still nice and thick. Had to be at least 18" I'm guessing but I didn't measure so that's just my best guess. It was not the hardest ice i have ever drilled through but it was defiantly safe to walk on (I didn't drive on but others did). Fishing was awesome Friday but a bit slower on Saturday. Friday I was by myself and had tons of hook ups and landed 13 pike and one whitefish compared to only 6 pike for me and 6 for my buddy on Saturday fishing in the exact same spot. The real funny thing was that on Friday, almost every pike caught was over 25". On Saturday, only 3 were over 25". Weird how day to day things change.

BrownTrout
02-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Anybody been on it throughout the week. Just wondering what the conditions/thickness was like.

Approximately 18" on Monday is still promising.