PDA

View Full Version : Diefenbaker

Moefoe
02-02-2016, 05:17 PM
First week of June I'm gonna hit up Diefenbaker and I want to catch everything...Pike, Walleye, Rainbows, Browns, Burbs, Whites you name it I wanna catch it! Though I haven't been in quite some time I do have some experience namely the East side on Danielson Park and we were only looking for Pike and Walleye. Not looking for techniques or any honey holes but where would Y'all suggest 2 dudes, 2 girls, 1 motor home and 1 fully rigged 20' Walleye boat go? Basically I'm asking what boat launch you'd suggest on that massive body of water we should use, we'll figure out the rest!! Thx...

bobalong
02-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Boat launch are good at Sask Landing and Elbow, but I like the Marina/campground much better at Sask Landing. Launch and camping good at Nipawin to, and the biggest fish will be here.

Moefoe
02-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Boat launch are good at Sask Landing and Elbow, but I like the Marina/campground much better at Sask Landing. Launch and camping good at Nipawin to, and the biggest fish will be here.

Tobin??

Levy
02-03-2016, 07:44 AM
First week of June I'm gonna hit up Diefenbaker and I want to catch everything...Pike, Walleye, Rainbows, Browns, Burbs, Whites you name it I wanna catch it! Though I haven't been in quite some time I do have some experience namely the East side on Danielson Park and we were only looking for Pike and Walleye. Not looking for techniques or any honey holes but where would Y'all suggest 2 dudes, 2 girls, 1 motor home and 1 fully rigged 20' Walleye boat go? Basically I'm asking what boat launch you'd suggest on that massive body of water we should use, we'll figure out the rest!! Thx...

You forgot Lake Trout, kokanee, Brook Trout, Goldeye, Perch and Sturgeon haha. Gardiner Dam isn't a bad place to camp. The monster rainbows are at the spill way and you can catch plenty of fish including big pike around Coteau bay. you can also try for lakers if you're feeling really adventurous.

Fisher_man#1
02-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Camp at Rusty's marina, large private campground near the lake. Its halfway down the lake near the Riverhurst ferry. Check it out.

Cheers

Habfan
02-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Early June, go to Coteau bay, it is on the north end. Stay at Danielson park but launch at Coteau. Never heard of a Kokanee in there, other than empty cans, don't worry about lakers either. Rainbows are in all of the bay's and coulees, the walleye and pike will be in Coteau bay but how far in will depend on water temp. Very tough lake to fish, work the coulees for best results.

bobalong
02-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Tobin??

Yes Nipawin is near Tobin, I have never fished the lake though just the river between the lake and Nipawin. Also fished Codette, nice fish there as well, and not as busy as Nipawin.

Habfan
02-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes Nipawin is near Tobin, I have never fished the lake though just the river between the lake and Nipawin. Also fished Codette, nice fish there as well, and not as busy as Nipawin.

The lake in question is Diefenbaker ! Not Tobin.

bobalong
02-04-2016, 11:28 PM
The lake in question is Diefenbaker ! Not Tobin.

Just more info on fishing in Sask., most people don't mind more info on fishing...........but then you are some kind of special aren't you.

Brandon5555
02-05-2016, 12:32 AM
Just more info on fishing in Sask., most people don't mind more info on fishing...........but then you are some kind of special aren't you.
Shots fired

Habfan
02-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Shots fired, agreed ! Blabalong you are calling me names when clearly the post is about a different lake than you are commenting on. A person of your age and knowledge, doesn't need to resort too name calling !! Get help !

Moefoe
02-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Which part of the Lake are they pulling the Browns out of? Buddy of mine from Swift Current fishes the Hitchcock Bay area and like me is a Crankbait guy...he's boated numerous big Rainbows but never any Browns!! :thinking-006: