PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Lake

Mark
02-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Hi Guys

Just wondering looking for a report on Sylvan, particularly if the whitefish have been biting. Not looking for secret holes, just a general report would be great.

Thanks in advance

KWO
02-04-2016, 05:49 PM
My dad and his buddy fished it yesterday for about 3 hours (morning). He caught 2 tiny perch. Saw a few whitefish on the camera, but none came into his hole.

SNAPFisher
02-04-2016, 06:34 PM
I dunno guys but I've never had to worry about whitefish at Sylvan. Those whites are crazy aggressive and I've never left without one or more in tow. So asking if they biting at Sylvan is like "duh!". :)
Sure there are days where you land more but I would have to say that the weather and lunar cycles are lining this weekend up to be something special, just sayin...

Hope the fish agree.

Best of luck!

Mark
02-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info.

Foot Stomper
02-05-2016, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=SNAPFisher;3132165]Sure there are days where you land more but I would have to say that the weather and lunar cycles are lining this weekend up to be something special, just sayin...

[QUOTE]

Curious about what tools or website you find easiest for lunar cycles?

SNAPFisher
02-06-2016, 05:39 AM
[QUOTE=SNAPFisher;3132165]Sure there are days where you land more but I would have to say that the weather and lunar cycles are lining this weekend up to be something special, just sayin...

[QUOTE]

Curious about what tools or website you find easiest for lunar cycles?

This one is a bit slow but good on the visuals:
http://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/calendar/AB/Edmonton/2016-02

This one is faster and has sun times as well:
http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/canada/edmonton

Cheers!

Kim473
02-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Iv'e never been to Sylvan. Where abouts is a good spot to drive on and start the hunt ? Coming from Edmonton. Hopefully there is a spot near the NE. end.

Donkey Oatey
02-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Iv'e never been to Sylvan. Where abouts is a good spot to drive on and start the hunt ? Coming from Edmonton. Hopefully there is a spot near the NE. end.

Easiest thing is to drive on ice and look for the village of shacks. There is a reason they are there, catching fish.