PDA

View Full Version : Black Nugget

diamond k
02-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Anybody been lately an if so

How is the ice
Any tips on presentation
Can you drive on or should I bring the quad. I have a couple of seniors so so type of trains is needed to fishing spot.

Thanks in advance

FlounderPounder
02-07-2016, 11:44 PM
Are you talking about Black Nugget by Tofield?

Talking moose
02-08-2016, 02:20 AM
No need for a quad.... You can dam near throw a rock across the whole pond. You can drive right up to it. Just walk on.

diamond k
02-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Ok thanks. I have never been.

Any tips on presentations

goose
02-08-2016, 01:17 PM
This time of year the trout in stock ponds have limited oxygen and are lethargic and tough to catch. Small jigs with power bait or worms work well under a bobber as they tend to bite really soft.

Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

BloodHound70
02-12-2016, 11:23 AM
You cannot drive onto BN at all, but as stated it is not a far walk anywhere on there.
I have had decent luck with small minnows as well. Hope if you catch a Tiger you throw it back..........

BH

Sharpie
02-12-2016, 11:37 AM
This time of year the trout in stock ponds have limited oxygen and are lethargic and tough to catch. Small jigs with power bait or worms work well under a bobber as they tend to bite really soft.

Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

Apparently they are insane at blood indian right now, they slowed down like you say just like they always do in winter. From about Christmas till a week ago or so, but it's weird this year, maybe they think it spring..... Or they are getting O2 from run off? Im not expert

Laz
02-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Definitely use fluorocarbon, and small orange and gold lures. I'd try a small wetaskawin special with maggots or pieces of minnows. Better yet, shrimp because that is what they were fed before they were released into the lake.

Stryker2
04-22-2016, 11:05 AM
So if I understand these posts correctly, you can't drive up to the lake if you have a small trailer with a inflatable boat? :thinking-006:

yetiseeker
04-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Correct - you can pretty well drive up to the lake anywhere - access with small hand launched boat easily done at many spots.

Deep
04-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Having been there and using a boat- it is not necessary. The body of water has a small area of any depth 27 ft. Best shore fished from the NW corner, where it is deepest. The fish were all over the small lake.

Stryker2
04-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Having been there and using a boat- it is not necessary. The body of water has a small area of any depth 27 ft. Best shore fished from the NW corner, where it is deepest. The fish were all over the small lake.

So probably ok to use a float tube tho. :))