PDA

View Full Version : Any luck on Pinehurst?

bruin19
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any luck on pinhurst lately. Me and a buddy went there on sunday and only saw three fish (on the camera) all day. That was our first time there so we probaby weren't in the right spot anyway. Any info would be great

Safety D
02-20-2009, 05:16 PM
How was the flood water and snow situation??

Skimmerhorn
02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
I know of three groups of guys that went recently. One group caught 1- 8 lbs pike. Another group caught 3 little pike and lost one big one. The last group of guys that went caught 1-14lbs and 1-9lbs. They all said it was really slow. All the guys use the big hearing on tip ups. They said the ice is hard to get around on with a vehicle. Some flood water.

Safety D
02-21-2009, 06:42 PM
How can Pinehurst be so dead and 45 minutes to the west of the city have some of the best Pike fishing in the province. Does not make sense?????

sco22
02-21-2009, 09:05 PM
I will try Pinehurst this weekend and post a report. We are going to try Seibert and Spencer. 2 weeks ago, only sleds could cross Seibert and even then they were breaking through the hard pack and hitting the flood water.

Cheers.

SNAPFisher
02-21-2009, 09:55 PM
sco22, hope you slay em! I'll be interested in a report back.

I might run out of time this year but I wanted to make the S&S trip this year with the new sled.

sparky660
02-22-2009, 12:29 AM
I will try Pinehurst this weekend and post a report. We are going to try Seibert and Spencer. 2 weeks ago, only sleds could cross Seibert and even then they were breaking through the hard pack and hitting the flood water.

Cheers.

So leave the quad at home hey?

sco22
02-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks Snap. I will definitely post a report. I am sure you will have a blast on the sled.

Sparky - I am hoping to take the quad or it will be on foot. However, there was no chance 2 weeks ago from going anywhere on Seibert with a quad. My buddy got stuck 150 metres from the dock and it took them 2 hours to get it out (new quads with the winches not yet installed).

Anyhow, we are considering moving our trip to Sturgeon Lake by Valleyview. I don't want to highjack this thread, but there is no flood water up there and there is a cook shack in the campground we have rented to stay in.

Cheers.