PDA

View Full Version : Lures you wish you had or used to have

gpguy7
02-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Just curious guys, found my grandad's old tackle box last year, and noticed some lures that I sure don't see around anymore. Tried a couple of old spoons and plugs out (one actually made of wood) and decided to try them out since there was a whole whack of em. Surprisingly found some success with them!

Anyways was just curious if any of the old timers(and young timers) here have any fishing lures, bait etc that you wish you could have back that you just can't find now. Same with anything else you could think of that would be a dream lure etc. Just curious to see what everyone can think of!

Big.Bear
02-19-2009, 02:46 AM
I had a very small wooden box with VERY OLD flys for trout in it. Some were single some were in original packaging I got them from a elderly man I used to do yard work for. I have misplaced it in the summer when I was moving, really bugs me. I also try to find old old salmon flys to.

Freedom55
02-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Search antique lures on the web. You'll be surprised what some old lures, esp. with original packaging, is worth. I have a small collection myself.

gpguy7
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I know all about the antique lures, I was more curious to see if anyone had a favorite style of lure that they used to use that they don't have the ability to anymore since they don't have them in stores now. Thanks though!

Shrubs
02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
I used to have a big panther martin with an approximately 3 inch blade on it and red feathers dressing the hook. That thing was amazing for pike. Lost it and haven't come across another in a long time. They must sell them somewhere...

BIG AL
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Two that I use to have a great deal of success with but no longer have are:
-flat fish called Lazy Ike
-plug called Pumpkin Seed

The Fisherman Guy
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM
The six pack I used to be able to open twist off bottles with at high school house parties. That always worked! Now I have a keg in it's place!

I had a Kamlooper that I caught my first fish with, along with many other trout from fishing the Elbow river here in Calgary. I tied a poor knot one day at a fishing event on the Bow river, and it snapped off during a mega cast. I followed it across the sky and into the far side of the river, gone forever. I wish I still had that one...

Jester
02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I just wish my "Old Pal" six tray tackle box didn't get stolen a few years back.I had that box and the lures in it since the early 70's.:(

I tell ya those old beetle spins sure did catch fish..:D

https://www.ffo-tackle.com/productimages/BSVP18-YBSB.jpg

whitewolf
02-20-2009, 10:27 AM
we used those beetle spins i florida for blue gill...black with yellow stripes...they worked awsome...crappie loved them too