PDA

View Full Version : Fella traps a wolf

davis
02-19-2009, 09:54 AM
This is from the newspaper from my hometown on the Northern Peninsula. A man named Trevor James in L'anse au Loup (on the Labrador/Quebec border, and which is actually french for "Cove of Wolves") had seen the wolf footings since before Christmas and has been baiting ever since. Article says he used about 100 lbs. of moose meat, fox carcasses, and herring while trying to get the wolf into the trap. The animal's head and forepaw were locked in the snare so he had to put the .22 to work. The snare was only about a half-mile from his front door, and it had chewed through a tree that was 6-7" thick while stuck in the snare, so I can imagine it was rather irritated, haha. :lol:

Evidently they've had a lot of sightings this year, even more than usual, and had a couple situations where dogs had been eaten. I don't have an online subscription so I don't have access to the full-size page, but the front page is here where you can see the picture....

http://www.northernpen.ca/index.cfm?frid=5128

sourdough doug
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately, on occasion, some of us get an animal in a trap/snare that has not "expired". This is not what any of us like to see and because of this , I can not find the humor in this situation as you do, regardless of it being a wolf or whatever.... just my thoughts..
It has happened to me , so I know of what I speak..

Sbrooks
02-19-2009, 03:09 PM
. The snare was only about a half-mile from his front door, and it had chewed through a tree that was 6-7" thick while stuck in the snare, so I can imagine it was rather irritated, haha. :lol:

http://www.northernpen.ca/index.cfm?frid=5128

:rolleye2:

surface2feather
02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I have gone through that too, and its a poor feeling finishing an animal thats been in a snare or trap for x amount of hours or days... had it happen to me on a few yotes, and I had a wolf break a yote snare after he widdled down a fence post to a tooth pick and leveled everything in a 6 foot radius of the post.

davis
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Whoaaaaa....sorry if that came across the wrong way. I don't find any humour in the fact that he was still struggling when the trapper came upon him, I just thought that chewing through a 6-7" thick tree was kinda crazy. Taking joy in animals struggling ain't my thing, and I apologize if that's how it was interpreted :( Just thought I'd share the wolf trapping story because I don't see many of them, sorry if anyone was offended. When I typed up the initial post I didn't even realize how I had phrased it, nor did I realize that anybody would even that take it in a negative way since it wasn't my intent.

Again, I apologize.