PDA

View Full Version : millers n eastpit

billycap
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
went to eastpit today instead of obed due to a broken heater...action was good kept a few...got a nice one out of millers a few weeks back..here they are...and why not a greg lake summer time pike to top it off..
good luck!

Jester
02-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Nice pike from Gregg lake but I have a question for you.

I haven't fished Gregg for at least 25 years but I've heard that it was stocked with walleye since then.

Is this true? If so did you catch any? Or is the stocking just a rumour??

Ok....sorry that was 3 questions...:D

keeks
02-21-2009, 10:17 AM
What did you catch the Pepsi on? I heard they are very picky.:D

Nice fish.

k

troller
02-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Nice pics, thanks for sharing

billycap
02-21-2009, 10:39 AM
yup they did stock it with wallys about 8 years ago....they are mostly gone now however they did actually take in one spot( 1- 15lbs) and seem to be spawning... go out boat launch...turn left...go all the way down to the big island... just off the ledge on the north side.... greg should be a great place this summer as the camp ground was closed last year and it took very little fishing pressure... yeah

Jester
02-21-2009, 10:51 AM
yup they did stock it with wallys about 8 years ago....they are mostly gone now however they did actually take in one spot( 1- 15lbs) and seem to be spawning... go out boat launch...turn left...go all the way down to the big island... just off the ledge on the north side.... greg should be a great place this summer as the camp ground was closed last year and it took very little fishing pressure... yeah

15lbs really lol..btw..

Is the man made beach still there on the right side of the boat launch?

It was a small beach but lol..great for skinny dipping back in the day.:lol::lol::lol:

billycap
02-21-2009, 11:04 AM
yeah the beach is still there but the 200+ campsites and a roving patrol make the dip risky...yeah there is some monster wallys... you can cruise right up to them in the boat (8ft of water) but the wont take minnows or powerbait...you can catch the smaller ones in about 25ft of water if your lucky...but all in all its not what id call a wally fishery...i bet there is less than 500 in total... the white fishing through the ice is usually hot...anyone tried that this winter?

ps do you really want to dangle your junk in water that has been known to harber large pike? im leary of just swimming there...

Jester
02-21-2009, 11:16 AM
ps do you really want to dangle your junk in water that has been known to harber large pike? im leary of just swimming there...

I've been know to make a few gag..:lol: