PDA

View Full Version : How many guys use the 2 hole fishing technique?

SumoPerchWrestling
03-04-2016, 10:11 AM
When ever I get into some exc. perch or walleye fishing I drill 2 holes about 3'-4' apart,one will be set up baited and sitting still and the other will be a flashy spoon to lure them in.As most of us know these are schooling fish and you need to get back down there quick,many times I have have double headers.You do run the risk of tangling lines but its rare.

anorthernhunter
03-04-2016, 10:47 AM
I like that idea ... I usually space my two holes apart thinking that I cover more bottom/structure, but will try this on the weekend.

SumoPerchWrestling
03-04-2016, 10:55 AM
I like that idea ... I usually space my two holes apart thinking that I cover more bottom/structure, but will try this on the weekend.

I also space them when the fishing is slow but even when pike fishing I only drill the holes 20' apart max.This reduces missed fish and often the same fish "if you miss it" will hit the second line.

CMichaud
03-04-2016, 11:16 AM
My buddy and I sometimes set up holes where I jig like a fool (best reaction was to a 3" Storm pike lure) and watch the camera.

The trout would race in, check it out and then seem to recognize it was too big or not what they wanted. They would then notice his bait the next hole over and cruise over for a bite (small lure with meal worm etc)

kranky
03-04-2016, 05:58 PM
My son and I do that. I rattle them in and he catches them. Works slick.

Adwittoutdoors
03-04-2016, 06:18 PM
I do it all the time. It increases your odds drastically.

diamond k
03-04-2016, 07:46 PM
When ever I get into some exc. perch or walleye fishing I drill 2 holes about 3'-4' apart,one will be set up baited and sitting still and the other will be a flashy spoon to lure them in.As most of us know these are schooling fish and you need to get back down there quick,many times I have have double headers.You do run the risk of tangling lines but its rare.

One hole for you and one for Pinhurst Pike Freak 👬

Silvercreek
03-04-2016, 08:01 PM
One hole for you and one for Pinhurst Pike Freak 👬

:sHa_shakeshout:

pinelakeperch
03-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Can't wait for a new "jigging techniques" thread.

nevercatchmuch
03-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Just starting to try that technique out. Unsure how far to space the holes when with my bf and we are targeting pike and perch lol

fishon65
03-04-2016, 10:48 PM
I mostly ice fish for pike. I think that the distance matters mostly on water clarity. If the water is clear I spread them out more, lowers the chance of them getting tangled up. Dark and murky water I'll have my still bait closer and rip a loud rattling lipless to attract them. Clear water I use more flash like a Mepps cyclops to get their attention. Works most days but even pike are hard to catch some days.

Cory1
03-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Yup, especially when walleye fishing as if you have a tip up further away chances are they spat the hook before you get there