PDA

View Full Version : Gull / Sylvan report

SNAPFisher
03-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Had a fun gathering at Gull off Wilsons on Sat and Sun. Started off similar to last weekend but totally died off after an hour or so. At least one member of our party limited out on whites in about 30 min but they completed eluded me at Gull. Hooked and lost just one. The burbot moved off as well. There were still fish to be found but few compared to the total madness of a week ago. Might as well use the quote, that's why they call it fishing :)

Still had an awesome weekend and had to many "pops" on Saturday. Stayed out on the ice. Had a nice fire, in a portable firepit. Listened to good tunes. And the weather on Saturday was perfect. Good times for sure.

Packed up early on Sunday and spent some quality time with with wife. Some..not lots. Headed back down on my weekly trek to Calgary. The truck veered off at the last minute to Sylvan. Redemption time!! Didn't get setup until 5:45. Had a white come in right away and 2 turns and it was one. Got it to the bottom of the hole and off....
Then the burbs arrived. En mass! Got to experience about 30 or so doing the burbot fun dance. I knew this couldn't be bad for fishing. I moved off that hole to shallower ones to let them...finish. Right away had what looked to be a 18-20 lb pike come in and my whitefish lure was gone. :(
Saw one other white in the shallows but no luck. Time was ticking down for sight fishing so moved back to the "dirty" hole. They were gone but I could see some whites combing the bottom. In 5-6 minutes I landed 3 whites. They were so aggressive after the burbot bomb. Wish I would have had more light left but that was still a lot of fun. I'll be back :)

http://i66.tinypic.com/9qwhv9.jpg

Hard to tell but these seemed more plump than usual and the middle one was just over 18 inches.

allenford
03-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Had a fun gathering at Gull off Wilsons on Sat and Sun. Started off similar to last weekend but totally died off after an hour or so. At least one member of our party limited out on whites in about 30 min but they completed eluded me at Gull. Hooked and lost just one. The burbot moved off as well. There were still fish to be found but few compared to the total madness of a week ago. Might as well use the quote, that's why they call it fishing :)

Still had an awesome weekend and had to many "pops" on Saturday. Stayed out on the ice. Had a nice fire, in a portable firepit. Listened to good tunes. And the weather on Saturday was perfect. Good times for sure.

Packed up early on Sunday and spent some quality time with with wife. Some..not lots. Headed back down on my weekly trek to Calgary. The truck veered off at the last minute to Sylvan. Redemption time!! Didn't get setup until 5:45. Had a white come in right away and 2 turns and it was one. Got it to the bottom of the hole and off....
Then the burbs arrived. En mass! Got to experience about 30 or so doing the burbot fun dance. I knew this couldn't be bad for fishing. I moved off that hole to shallower ones to let them...finish. Right away had what looked to be a 18-20 lb pike come in and my whitefish lure was gone. :(
Saw one other white in the shallows but no luck. Time was ticking down for sight fishing so moved back to the "dirty" hole. They were gone but I could see some whites combing the bottom. In 5-6 minutes I landed 3 whites. They were so aggressive after the burbot bomb. Wish I would have had more light left but that was still a lot of fun. I'll be back :)

http://i66.tinypic.com/9qwhv9.jpg

Hard to tell but these seemed more plump than usual and the middle one was just over 18 inches.
thanks for the report:)

Whiskey
03-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Wow snapfisher . Sounds like an awesome weekend!

tight line
03-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Nice!

1bluZebec
03-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Awesome thanks for the great read bud[emoji6]

Adwittoutdoors
03-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Nice !! I love it when the truck has a mind of its own. 😜

Zip-in-Z
03-07-2016, 09:09 PM
The Whitie in middle looks like it's still blowing kisses or lipping off at you!

Bty's Snap .... cheers

nevercatchmuch
03-07-2016, 09:19 PM
:):)