PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmen show

SNAPFisher
03-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Anyone else headed there? I haven't been in quite a few years. Going tomorrow. I hope it has changed a bit...

Would prefer to be fishing but I owe some quality time back to the wife. At least it is fishing related....

neilsledder
03-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Went yesterday. It was a good time. Got a good deal on a fish finder gps with navigation. And of course some hooks.

Andy44
03-12-2016, 11:49 AM
There's lots of good deals to be had at the sportsman show. I went last night and picked up a hard copy of the 2016 fishing regs as well as the 2016 Barry Mitchell's Fishing Guide.

The only bad thing about going to the show is seeing all the boats that you'll probably never be able to afford :angry3:

Andy44
03-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Another thing I forgot to mention is that the Conservation Officers have a booth set up in the last room. If you have concerns or comments about the fishing regs that's a great place to do it. I told them last night regulations regarding burbot wasting were outdated and that there needs to be some kind of change when it comes to walleye harvesting. The CO's seemed really happy to hear my input and told me they do take notes on our comments and discuss them at a later date.

Salmon Slayer Lenny
03-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Another thing I forgot to mention is that the Conservation Officers have a booth set up in the last room. If you have concerns or comments about the fishing regs that's a great place to do it. I told them last night regulations regarding burbot wasting were outdated and that there needs to be some kind of change when it comes to walleye harvesting. The CO's seemed really happy to hear my input and told me they do take notes on our comments and discuss them at a later date.

Had a couple of really good conversations with a couple of them. The one comment I found interesting is that they are frustrated with having to educate 'sportsmen' and enforce what they don't necessarily understand or agree with. Was an honest comment and I can understand where it comes from.

The show itself was ok, same as last year I found. For what I bought and with the savings, I would have been better off taking the admission costs and applied it to regular pricing, would have come out ahead!

Troutbotherer
03-12-2016, 02:38 PM
I have to say I was somewhat disappointed in the number of exhibitors. I heard that numbers are down on previous years. That's unfortunate!!

SNAPFisher
03-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys. The conservation booth sounds interesting. Any vendors from Prince Rupert?

Sumara
03-12-2016, 05:21 PM
It's nice checking all the fishing guide booths. Gives me a few ideas for a vacation this year. I picked up a 2016 Barry Mitchell's Fishing Guide so it wasn't very eventful but it's always nice looking those gorgeous boats.

Speckle55
03-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Loved the show:love:

wow from the kids fishing :character0053:

too the eye candy boats n quads

lots to see for trips + new gear:sSig_cool2:

seeing some friends n meeting some new :shake2:

nice too get together with like minded people :grouphugg:

very good way to spend a Saturday afternoon

even got 4 free tickets from Mariko Izumi to Fly Fishing Film Tour 2016 on Tues Mar 15 at 6pm doors 7 show at Yuk Yuks :47b20s0:

had a chat with the Old Timer's(Master's) n watched a couple shows:character0175:

fun time is all I have to say:party0051:

David:)

Soiler
03-13-2016, 09:34 AM
Bout the same as usual.... Not much change from the last couple years. We went on Fri pm. The wife was concerned we didn't have a trip planned this year with Mikisew not running this year. We ended up booking a Salmon trip out of Port Hardy for the beginning of Aug..... So we did spend a bunch of $$. Lol

spoons
03-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Great show this year. From the time we hit northlands it took over an hour to get our tickets. They need to work on that. Saw a group of 4 leave the lineup. Guess they had free parking. Talked to all the salmon guys and looks like I am finally going this year. Check out the bird show. That was really cool.

SamSteele
03-13-2016, 10:05 AM
Bought a boat. Other than that it was the same old...

SS

Mr Flyguy
03-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Thought it was basically the same as previous years, lots of expensive boats and Barry White in red long johns tying flies at the Trout Unlimited booth. Did heft some nice fly rods at the Hardy booth though.

Kind of weird transition going from the fishing based hall to the hunting based hall, it terms of the types of people there.

neilsledder
03-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Bought a boat. Other than that it was the same old...

SS

You can't say that and not give some details.

SamSteele
03-13-2016, 12:36 PM
You can't say that and not give some details.

Bought the 2015 Lund Impact 1850 XS at the Barry Jays booth. The black one with the 150 Merc 4 stroke on it.

SS

neilsledder
03-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Nice! Congrats on the new boat!

SNAPFisher
03-13-2016, 02:00 PM
That was pretty awesome! I haven't been in probably 8 years. It has gotten bigger for sure. Got a great deal at the FishinHole on the automatic inflatable vests and electric filleting knife. I did have my eye on one of the hard cabin boats for ocean fishing. It was in the jet motor area, 85K. Not this year...

Good show!

Sooner
03-13-2016, 03:19 PM
Went this morning, thought it was as good as last year or better this year. Got my minister tickets for Mulie and Elk. Couple other draws. Picked up some super glides for the trailer and sled deck at a pretty decent price. Listened to Sheep Hunter and his significant other do a show. Lots of side by side combinations to look at if your into those. Had a nice chat with the MacMillan outfitter booth guy. I enjoyed the show.

Buglet
03-13-2016, 03:29 PM
I thought it was pretty much the same as other years .Good to see some buddy's
Haven't seen for awhile .The parking is sure getting expensive .