PDA

View Full Version : early season fishing the NSR?

Icehole
03-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Hello all,I'm considering the NSR for some early season walleye and possibly sturgeon.My question is,are there open water areas in the Devon area or west? I have fished west of Devon before and have had good success but I live far enough away that I don't want to venture too far to find out the water isn't open or there's too much ice floating down stream.

FreshAirGetter
03-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Still too early around Devon for now...some of the edges are starting to break up but not fishable. Check back in a couple weeks maybe..

Andy44
03-14-2016, 03:28 PM
There are a few spots in Edmonton that are open but I haven't seen anything out of town yet.

What time of the year do sturgeon run through the Edmonton/Devon/Fort Saskatchewan area? I always thought they were a mid summer/fall fish. I might just try for one this year.

Icehole
03-14-2016, 03:39 PM
There are a few spots in Edmonton that are open but I haven't seen anything out of town yet.

What time of the year do sturgeon run through the Edmonton/Devon/Fort Saskatchewan area? I always thought they were a mid summer/fall fish. I might just try for one this year.
I was just put onto a sturgeon hole last summer and am not real educated with sturgeon but a friend has caught several 30-40lb sturgeon in this hole along with a few walleye in the 10lb+ area.My biggest is 8lbs so far.

Andy44
03-14-2016, 03:51 PM
That's very nice! Shoot me a pm one day if you'd like to have some company. I'd love to try and get some sturgeon!