PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten lake (near Cremona?) help requested to relocate.

Foot Stomper
03-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Hey guys, I recently bought a fishing kayak and want to return to a small trout pond to practice paddling, casting and generally getting used to being back on the water.

I remember being out to a small pond with my belly boat about 12 years ago, and can't remember where this lake/pond is and would like your help. I searched Google maps and the regs and nothing helps.

Here's what I remember so hopefully it's enough to help describe it well enough someone can help. A PM is welcome also.

It has a name or is on a road that has a name related to O&G or a tower...Like a gas plant road or facility. It has much floating muskeg on northern access/shore. It's shape is generally East/West as opposed to round. It's very small. Trout fishing. It's North and West of Cochrane in the foothills less than an hour away... west of hwy 22. It's gravel road access and it's sunny everyday....just kidding...

It might off the Forestry Trunk Road but that doesn't seem right either as I've been travelling that area while quadding...

I am honestly stumped guys, please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

If this pond is so obvious to find and I have embarrassed myself, I will admit to something even more embarrassing...like what happened when I started a new med...:scared0018:

Darcy

biggyJ
03-19-2016, 10:28 PM
Winchell

graybeard
03-20-2016, 08:38 AM
Winchell

That is what I am thinking as well......go straight south of Water Valley to the dead end or "T" intersection (about 3-4 miles) and the lake is just over the edge, parking access road is just east about a 1/4 mile???

At this time of year that access road can be bad....or not; I haven't been there lately!

Foot Stomper
03-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys! That's it exactly.
Been to Water Valley many times and never once had the inclination I was that close to it.

I just might take a Sunday drive out there today with a road coffee and take a look...:thinking-006:

BisonDreams
03-20-2016, 10:16 PM
You didn't happen to get out there and look? Just wondering how much snow is up in the trees and ice left on the water if any!