PDA

View Full Version : Fish cops

Adwittoutdoors
03-19-2016, 08:45 PM
We had a few visitors on the lake today. 5 fish cops on quads. They roared in with pen and ticket book in hand. They surrounded the group of tents real quick. My group as usual , were legal but saw the black book come out for a few others. Bahahahahah. Idiots I tell you. It was nice to see the enforcement today !!! 👍👍

Brock1
03-19-2016, 08:58 PM
What lake

ineptflux
03-19-2016, 09:27 PM
It was something out of a movie to have them surround us like that 5 deep just ripping on quads lol

Dom4
03-19-2016, 09:51 PM
:snapoutofit::shark:It was fun to watch! I do not think the guys getting a ticket and pouring out there beer thought that it was that much fun though.

Bemoredog
03-20-2016, 01:27 AM
I'm glad to see the enforcement. It's terrible to see anyone not pay their dues or take advantage of the fisheries. Tragedy of the commons. It hurts everyone and ruins it this amazing sport and province for future generations.

jeffrey929
03-20-2016, 06:00 AM
I suspect you were on Pigeon... We were in the middle of packing up when they came roaring in, and they did everything but strip search us

Newellknik
03-20-2016, 07:28 AM
Did they have long guns on the quads . Rumor has it
Large band of Eastern Europeans netting thru the ice .
They set up 3 -4 ice tents , whole families , dogs etc.
Very organized . 5 cops ,they are not looking for open
Malts .

last minute
03-20-2016, 07:47 AM
man that black book can wreck a trip in a hurry.:(

58thecat
03-20-2016, 08:02 AM
Good to see the fish cops out and about.
More routine spot checks will clean up the abuse out on the ice.

Blastoff
03-20-2016, 08:04 AM
Maybe fill us in on what the culprits were doing.

Kim473
03-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Glad there out and about. Havn't seen one this year at all.

binnzer32
03-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Sounds like this whole forum was out on the same lake.

Penner
03-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Had CO's come in on quads while on Pigeon yesterday. Just tagged a Walleye when they came. He checked the length of my fish (was only 52cm so close to size limit), checked my license, and we talked about how fishing was. Nice guy no issues what so ever with me. There were 2 other CO's on quads with him as they scooted across the lake.

Glad to see them out.

alacringa
03-20-2016, 09:50 AM
The only time I've ever seen F&W on the ice, was when I called them in. Good to hear that they're getting out there. I've never seen them while hunting, but usually 1-2 times/year on open water.

Ronji
03-20-2016, 09:54 AM
There are a bunch of new officers based out of Wetaskiwin. Met them a few times myself. They were all friendly and professional.

Redcoat27
03-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Good to see them out on patrols. This Department has been victim too continuous man power cut backs. It is high time this government increase there manpower. It is long overdue.

fish99
03-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Anybody know why Pigeon gets special attention? Everytime I go there I get checked (sometimes more than once in a day), and they are well equipped fish cops, Seadoos, Quads etc.

Seems they get all the resources, and F&W at other locations are scarce.

last summer we got checked by the same guy several times .. one day we were went by pigeon lake on the way to buck lake and got stopped by battle lake on hiway 13 . he said i remember you have a good day at buck lake. . nice fellow .

Fucha
03-20-2016, 10:53 AM
Agreed, poaching is despicable. My grandfather used to be a fish/game cop in Eastern Europe, he said he came across these type of people regularly unfortunately.

kcward
03-20-2016, 11:07 AM
We had a couple of F/W Officers check us on Sturgeon Lake East of Grande Prairie. Came up on their Tundra sleds....no fish for them to check unfortunately :)

Nice to see them out.

mickeyjim
03-20-2016, 03:24 PM
:snapoutofit::shark:It was fun to watch! I do not think the guys getting a ticket and pouring out there beer thought that it was that much fun though.

So these guys weren't fishing illegally, they were just having a beer on the lake?

Flanny
03-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Hold on. It's illegal to have a beer or two on a lake?!?

Dom4
03-20-2016, 04:24 PM
So these guys weren't fishing illegally, they were just having a beer on the lake?

The guys that I watched getting a ticket were just having a beer inside of there tent. The officer wrote them a ticket and then they had to pour there beers out.

Flanny
03-20-2016, 04:29 PM
I am unable to find any regulation prohibiting the consumption of alcohol while ice fishing.

mickeyjim
03-20-2016, 04:30 PM
The guys that I watched getting a ticket were just having a beer inside of there tent. The officer wrote them a ticket and then they had to pour there beers out.

Very weak.

JohninAB
03-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Very weak.

Against the law. Got what they deserved. Want to do the crime, be prepared to pay the fine.

mickeyjim
03-20-2016, 05:01 PM
5 CO's on quads bum rushing a group on the ice to hand out liquor rap's seems a little off to me. Sometimes they like to flex their pipes I guess.

Redcoat27
03-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Contrary to Liquor Control Act. Man up, don't be cry baby and pay the fine. Not about flexing there muscles, they merely doing there job.

Mackinaw
03-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Against the law. Got what they deserved. Want to do the crime, be prepared to pay the fine.

5 CO's on quads bum rushing a group on the ice to hand out liquor rap's seems a little off to me. Sometimes they like to flex their pipes I guess.

No flexing the pipes you do the crime you pay the fine ....you want to drink stay home easy as that

Mack

Flanny
03-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Gaming and liquor act says you can drink in your ice tent.

"Public place
89(1) Except as provided in this Act, no person may use or
consume liquor in a public place or any place other than a residence, temporary residence, licensed premises or a place or class of place prescribed in the regulations where liquor may be used or consumed."

(ff) “temporary residence” means
(i) a place that is used by a traveller in respect of which the traveller pays a fee,
(ii) a vacation or recreational dwelling,
(iii) a tent that is set up in an area where overnight camping is not prohibited,
(iv) a motor home or other vehicle that is parked in an area that is not a highway or road and where overnight camping is not prohibited, and
(v) a watercraft that has built-in living accommodation and is moored in an area where moorage is not prohibited

Flanny

Dom4
03-20-2016, 05:36 PM
I am unable to find any regulation prohibiting the consumption of alcohol while ice fishing.

This rule would be good to see. All I knew is you couldn't

Flanny
03-20-2016, 05:39 PM
As long as you're not drunk and you are in or close to your tent there is no law I am aware of that you can't have a couple beers.

the tent is there as a temporary residence, see previous post.

Flanny

Astrocyte
03-20-2016, 06:02 PM
Is a lake a "public place"?

lromanchuk
03-20-2016, 06:53 PM
A lake is a public place. You can't legally consume alcohol on the lake, summer or winter without a fixed bathroom. (ie. houseboat).

A tent does not suffice as residence. Must have a bathroom. That's how it was explained to me by a fish and wildlife officer.

R3illy
03-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Had f&w stop us on long lake, they came in on their snow mobiles there. Wasn't a fan of the interrogation we got when everyone i was with had their licenses.

Astrocyte
03-20-2016, 07:02 PM
A lake is a public place. You can't legally consume alcohol on the lake, summer or winter without a fixed bathroom. (ie. houseboat).

A tent does not suffice as residence. Must have a bathroom. That's how it was explained to me by a fish and wildlife officer.

Oh I see. What about the overnight camping part? Can you overnight camp on a lake when you go ice fishing? I honestly have no idea. I have seen some shacks with bunk beds and cots so maybe some lakes allow it? But say it is Pigeon or Gull, without a decked out ice shack I do not see someone sleeping out on the lake (rephrase...I would not overnight camp out on a lake lol)

Gboe8
03-20-2016, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=JohninAB;3178494]Against the law. Got what they deserved. Want to do the crime, be prepared to pay the fine.[/QUOTE

I love having a beer ice fishing. If I ever get caught it will be well worth the 200 bucks 🙂!

Supergrit
03-20-2016, 08:44 PM
So is it leagal to have a beer by a tent on land

lromanchuk
03-20-2016, 08:51 PM
So is it leagal to have a beer by a tent on land

In a provincial park with washrooms, yes. In some random piece of bush, no.

lromanchuk
03-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Oh I see. What about the overnight camping part? Can you overnight camp on a lake when you go ice fishing? I honestly have no idea. I have seen some shacks with bunk beds and cots so maybe some lakes allow it? But say it is Pigeon or Gull, without a decked out ice shack I do not see someone sleeping out on the lake (rephrase...I would not overnight camp out on a lake lol)

Same rules apply for overnight. You're still on the lake unfortunately. If you come off the lake and camp at the provincial park, different story.

I'm also a big fan of beer drinking while I fish. I haven't got a ticket yet, but I've had to pour out more beer than I care to admit.

Joe Black
03-20-2016, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=lromanchuk;3178574]A lake is a public place. You can't legally consume alcohol on the lake, summer or winter without a fixed bathroom. (ie. houseboat).

A tent does not suffice as residence. Must have a bathroom. That's how it was explained to me by a fish and wildlife officer.[/QUOTE

Bathroom? What about the holes?

Johnny G1
03-20-2016, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Joe Black;3178740][QUOTE=lromanchuk;3178574]A lake is a public place. You can't legally consume alcohol on the lake, summer or winter without a fixed bathroom. (ie. houseboat).

A tent does not suffice as residence. Must have a bathroom. That's how it was explained to me by a fish and wildlife officer.[/QUOTE

Bathroom? What about the holes?[/QUOTE Thou shall not **** in de lake.

Flanny
03-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Carry a 5 gallon pail. Instant "washroom"

Joe Black
03-20-2016, 10:34 PM

Yes. Having a beer on a spring day not harming society. Hang the bastaches. Stalin would be proud.

Mackinaw
03-20-2016, 10:59 PM
Yes. Having a beer on a spring day not harming society. Hang the bastaches. Stalin would be proud.

No one is against having a beer on a spring day ...just do it leagal and all is good

Mack

jkuefler
03-21-2016, 01:12 AM

"Public place
consume liquor in a public place or any place other than a residence, temporary residence, licensed premises or a place or class of place prescribed in the regulations where liquor may be used or consumed."

(i) a place that is used by a traveller in respect of which the traveller pays a fee,
(iii) a tent that is set up in an area where overnight camping is not prohibited,
(iv) a motor home or other vehicle that is parked in an area that is not a highway or road and where overnight camping is not prohibited, and
(v) a watercraft that has built-in living accommodation and is moored in an area where moorage is not prohibited

Flanny
I've bush camped along the NSR and areas north of Hinton, Edson and west of Lesser Slave Lake The few CO's that have visited me didn't even look twice at my pile of beer cans beside my tent. I'm pretty sure that the temporary residence rule kicks in when you set up a bed

Newellknik
03-21-2016, 07:15 AM
Soon medical maryjay will allow exclusion from certain laws .
No doubt alcoholism will be next , the inability to fish without
Liquid medication . If there is an experience that needs to be
Embellished it's the outdoor one .
Just like any other occupation I'm sure there are lazy CO s .
The law about no alcohol in public areas doesn't differentiate
As to how public a place has to be ..:snapoutofit:
These threads always good for a chuckle !

neilsledder
03-21-2016, 07:32 AM

An extra hole drilled with a role of TP beside it probably doesn't count as a bathroom lol!

The only guys who usually have an issue with co's is the guys that are doing stuff illegal. But I have been at Calling lake and got checked 4 times by the same fish cop! That was getting a little old and gave him a bit of attitude the last time!

Lefty-Canuck
03-21-2016, 07:40 AM

"Public place

Flanny

You have a cot setup? Planning on spending the night?

LC

hal53
03-21-2016, 07:46 AM
It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that come on here and try to justify bending/circumventing the laws to suit their wishes....or the ones that complain that there is not enough enforcement out there, then complain because THEY got checked and didn't like the process ????? :thinking-006:

RCollins
03-21-2016, 10:00 AM
They were out at Lac St Anne on Saturday.
Drove out in their truck.
Checked us at Val Quentin around 4 pm.
Was nice to see them. Pleasant couple of guys.
Wish I would see them more.

Supergrit
03-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Fish on a toilet seat

Blastoff
03-21-2016, 10:36 AM
No one is against having a beer on a spring day ...just do it leagal and all is good

Mack

Same here have a beer on a nice day, but put it in a coffee mug with a lid, of course they will give you trouble straight out of the can without hiding it. Without hiding it I have no problem them handing out a ticket.

Flanny
03-21-2016, 01:21 PM
LC: Nobody said you or I HAD to spend the night but sure I could. Nowhere does it say that you have to stay there overnight and nowhere does it say in the written law that you have to have a cot, sleeping bag, or bathroom. Merely that you have set up a Tent in an area where overnight camping is not prohibited. That's the law.

I'd fight in court any ticket they gave for having a beer in my tent.

Lesson here is don't be ticking off the cops and you'll be fine. Know the law before you pay any ticket.

Flanny

fitzy
03-21-2016, 01:48 PM
It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that come on here and try to justify bending/circumventing the laws to suit their wishes....or the ones that complain that there is not enough enforcement out there, then complain because THEY got checked and didn't like the process ????? :thinking-006:

I couldn't agree more Hal.

Red Bullets
03-21-2016, 01:54 PM
Legally...:sHa_shakeshout:
A person needs to make an adult version of this fishing chair for or overnight camping while ice fishing.

gotcha10oz
03-21-2016, 08:19 PM
I was at Gull with my family this past sunday, 20th. Looks like they were hitting the most popular spots around the province. Around 2:00pm couple of F&W officer came checked out us. One thing i did learn was i'm not suppose have a rod or tip up further then 30 meters away. As it turns out, since i got kids with me, so I set up my spot about 100 meters away due to kids playing and noise level (white fish don't like noise?). So as I head back to the truck and grab my license, officer schooled me on it since now i'm more then 30 meters away from my rod! Had a nice conversation, then they moved on...

Cowtown guy
03-22-2016, 12:50 AM
I don't get it... Your kids were being noisy? Or did the F&W ask you to get your license and you followed his instruction putting you 30m away from your rod (entrapment), or did you not read the regulations?

If the officer was attempting to entrap you, then that's wrong. But, it would be a good idea to read the regulations before you go out fishing next time if you're unaware of the regs. If they're your kids, maybe ask them to be quieter, so you can fish and others can.

If you are going to be more than 30m then reel up the rod. Pretty simple.
Its not entrapment. Good God that's ridiculous.

Talking moose
03-22-2016, 04:52 AM
If you are going to be more than 30m then reel up the rod. Pretty simple.
Its not entrapment. Good God that's ridiculous.

There's always that one guy eh?....:thinking-006:

alacringa
03-22-2016, 07:07 AM
I don't get it... Your kids were being noisy? Or did the F&W ask you to get your license and you followed his instruction putting you 30m away from your rod (entrapment), or did you not read the regulations?

Entrapment would imply that he didn't have a choice. Technically speaking, your licence is supposed to be on you while you're fishing:

Licences must be carried at all times while sportfishing and transporting fish and must be presented immediately to an officer upon request.

Leaving it in the truck could have been another violation if the officer wanted to be picky.

Dom4
03-22-2016, 07:53 AM
There's always that one guy eh?....:thinking-006:

Yup... Looks like some people even have there range finder on them while ice fishing. :sHa_shakeshout:

mickeyjim
03-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Yup... Looks like some people even have there range finder on them while ice fishing. :sHa_shakeshout:

2nd thing I pack, right after the 6 pack of sners'

Dom4
03-22-2016, 09:26 AM
2nd thing I pack, right after the 6 pack of sners'

Don't you mean odouls? :thinking-006:

Cowtown guy
03-23-2016, 10:34 AM
If the guy was by his rods, and the C/O asked for his license, the guy told him it
was in the truck, and the C/O asked to see it.

Then he was ordered by the C/O to get it with the intent to cause the guy to move more than 30m away, yes it's entrapment. It wouldn't stand up if he challenged the ticket.

But, his message was poorly written, vague and ambiguous, so he may have already have been 30m away, in which case, give him a ticket.

Bottom line, he should read the regs before he fishes.

No it wouldn't. All the guy had to do was reel up the line. Pretty simple. If he failed to do so it's his own fault and he likely would have been too far away from his line at other points during the day anyway. Looking after the kids, grabbing a snack etc...

If a CO told me to do something that took me more than 30m from my line, I would reel in my line. Period. If he didn't want to wait I'd explain the law to him and tell him why he is waiting.

Pretty simple.

If the CO told him to bonk an obviously undersized fish so that he could measure it would he have bonked the fish? No. Of course not. He would follow the law and tell the CO that it wasn't right. Same rules apply.

The telling story here is that so many people want enforcement. They just want to pick and choose what gets enforced.

Fine a guy for this... Throw the book at him because he's a poacher and a fish is short... But on the other hand, how dare he fine me for breaking the 30m law! How dare he make me dump a beer! What a bunch of power hungry clowns in force checking for ... Entrapment! Entrapment!

We don't get it both ways folks. If you want enforcement, then follow the law. Don't moan about entrapment and stupid things like that. I have not had any bad dealings with CO's or cops. Likely because I know what is legal and choose to only partake in those activities. I don't give them a reason to hassle me. They have nothing to find as I have nothing to hide. Pretty simple. If they want to waste our time looking, then so be it. They are after all doing their jobs. The jobs that we complain about them not doing in the first place. Also one of the most thankless jobs in the Country.

Lowrance Fishburn
03-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Man oh man have we ever become a soft society. Good grief! All these voices on there saying beer on a lake should be ticketed and patting the CO's on the back, gimme a break. What are you, a bunch of Nancies? Man up a little bit, this is Canada, the land of the free and home of the brave. You honestly want to tell me that anyone out enjoying a beer while fishing deserves to be punished? Well then I bet you are a lot of fun at parties...

I will say this, if you are littering, drunk off your arse, or otherwise being a menace to other fishermen then sure, a violation ticket is a realistic wake-up call. But please don't try and convince me that a little discretion isn't a good thing. I have been pulled over in open water with a bunch of empties (in a cooler) and several other cold ones yet to be opened, and the F&W had to remind us of the rules and asked us politely to pour out our remaining beer, which we painfully endured. They did not issue us any tickets as we are grown men who were not drunk in the least, just enjoying a cold adult drink on a hot day. They realized this and used some discretion.

No littering, definitely no throwing anything into the lake, no getting so drunk you can't drive your boat, and no being disruptive to others using the lake, then Drink, smoke, laugh, cry, doesn't matter to me.

huntsfurfish
03-23-2016, 12:17 PM
It's pretty simple really. If the C/O tells you do something thus creating a chargeable offense, which they then proceed to charge you for, then yes, plain and simple, it's entrapment. Wouldn't stand up in court. Legally you're supposed to comply with the C/O's request, also you are supposed to comply with the regulations, in this situation you can't do both without delaying compliance with the request,

The average joe would be more concerned with complying with the request of the officer and not what rules they would break inadvertedly whilst complying with that request. And legally, that's what counts for the definition of entrapment.

Sure, the guy's a tool for not reading the regs, but he would have had a case if charged and if that's how it happened. If however he was just fishing 30m from the line before the C/O asked him for his license, then he should have been booked.

And he should have reeled in his line before he went to the truck.:) If the CO asked him to just go get the license instead of reeling in, he would have been ok and it would not have even been mentioned.

albertadeer
03-23-2016, 12:42 PM
He didn't get charged. The officer told him the law.

Seems like most people understand common sense, while a few others just have no sense what so ever.

ABFishFan
03-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Yes, good to see them checking around. I hate to know that some stupid people stealing fish and breaking the regulations. Destroying the habitat. I will call the fish cop every time when I see someone tried not to play by rules. :character0110::):)

mickeyjim
03-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Man oh man have we ever become a soft society. Good grief! All these voices on there saying beer on a lake should be ticketed and patting the CO's on the back, gimme a break. What are you, a bunch of Nancies? Man up a little bit, this is Canada, the land of the free and home of the brave. You honestly want to tell me that anyone out enjoying a beer while fishing deserves to be punished? Well then I bet you are a lot of fun at parties...

I will say this, if you are littering, drunk off your arse, or otherwise being a menace to other fishermen then sure, a violation ticket is a realistic wake-up call. But please don't try and convince me that a little discretion isn't a good thing. I have been pulled over in open water with a bunch of empties (in a cooler) and several other cold ones yet to be opened, and the F&W had to remind us of the rules and asked us politely to pour out our remaining beer, which we painfully endured. They did not issue us any tickets as we are grown men who were not drunk in the least, just enjoying a cold adult drink on a hot day. They realized this and used some discretion.

No littering, definitely no throwing anything into the lake, no getting so drunk you can't drive your boat, and no being disruptive to others using the lake, then Drink, smoke, laugh, cry, doesn't matter to me.

Well put

Joe Black
03-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Agreed. Some laws are strictly a revenue generating tax. Law enforcement will argue till they are blue about how they are upholding the rules which society has sanctioned. Whatever. They get pressure from their superiors and department heads to keep the revenue flowing. Just wrong.

Mackinaw
03-23-2016, 10:53 PM

If you want to drink stay home its as simple as that ....if you can't fish with out drinking get help what more can be said.

Mack

huntsfurfish
03-23-2016, 11:06 PM
If you want to drink stay home its as simple as that ....if you can't fish with out drinking get help what more can be said.

Mack

Agree

Springer
03-24-2016, 01:33 AM
You make some Great points Flanny.
I wonder how it would turn out if you were using your cot for sitting on , or napping when the fish are not biting.

Now a Porta Potty could be your washroom even in a second tent beside main camp for you and the guests , especially the Ladies.

I believe the intent in the end is to keep ya'all from drinking all day and driving home afterwards.

Astrocyte
03-24-2016, 04:19 AM
Have to agree with Mack. Get plastered at home.

When there's vehicles involved, ice and cold weather and you're in public place, it's not the brightest thing to do.

If you need a drink that bad that you can't do without for 8 hours during the day whilst you're fishin and the C/Os are dumping your beer down the hole and you still keep doing it, then I feel for your addiction, and maybe it's time to seek help.

Yup agreeing as well. You want a nice cold drink then take some cokes or iced tea or sprite whatever it is you want in a cooler with a bag of ice. I see no reason to be drinking alcohol. Drink as many as you want at home, just do not bring it out in public when things can go down the slippery slope very quickly.

If I think someone has been drinking I have no issues pointing them out to a CO. We all share the waters and roads so do not unecessadily put yourself or others in danger just because you want more beer in your day.

laker
03-24-2016, 08:41 AM
About this time of year once the snow statrs melting I tour around the popular spots on Cold Lake and pick garbage left behind by the "outdoorsman". I usually get a garbage bag or two of empty cans and bottles. Almost all are liquor.
I do not have an issue with a person having a beer or two and packing out their empties, but one pile of empties left behind at a tent city made me wonder why some people should even be allowed on a lake. Hope they don't come back.

Icehole
03-24-2016, 10:56 AM
Amazing how Canada is so policed for minor bs,in some states it use to be legal for the passenger to drink booze.I take a few beers every time I fish,I just don't understand how F&W can take the time to ruin someones day for a couple beers.I'm not saying its ok to down 6-8 beers and drive but come on,there's bigger problems with idiots taking too many fish and leaving garbage behind. I really get ****ed when I see garbage and dog chit all over the ice!

Icehole
03-24-2016, 11:12 AM

Very well put,it seems Canada is turning into wimps. My father use to work 14-15, hrs a day,often 7 days a week and when we use to go out on the lake on a hot day he would sit back and enjoy an ice cold beer as we fished,I wouldn't trade them days for anything.He paid thousands in taxes every year and he knew he had earned his keep as a Canadian. I don't think a stupid ticket for a beer or 2 would have went over very good.It seems the F&W guys forget who's paying their wage.Of course there's a common sense issue and people will screw around but reading about these fish cops roaring up on guys just to flex their muscles with a ticket book in hand is ridiculous.We need to remind them who is paying them.

Lowrance Fishburn
03-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Have to agree with Mack. Get plastered at home.

When there's vehicles involved, ice and cold weather and you're in public place, it's not the brightest thing to do.

If you need a drink that bad that you can't do without for 8 hours during the day whilst you're fishin and the C/Os are dumping your beer down the hole and you still keep doing it, then I feel for your addiction, and maybe it's time to seek help.

Haha addiction? Calm down, I said having a few beers responsibly, not needing them, more of a wanting them while fishing as to enhance the relaxation experience. Your condescending tone isn't necessary. Neither myself nor the friends I fish with are addicted to drinking, but i'll be damned if it isn't nice to enjoy some beers on the boat. We don't get drunk and we don't litter. You are entitled to your opinion though and if you choose to allow the gov't and it's bylaws to regulate how you enjoy yourself while fishing or otherwise, then I in fact, feel for you.

There are laws you don't break and then there are rules. Some rules can be broken. If you break the rules and get caught, you can't complain when it happens. But that said, I don't really care. :love0025:

Lowrance Fishburn
03-24-2016, 11:24 AM
I should also state that I am in no way support drinking and driving. I was referring almost specifically to the camping/fishing trips whereby once we are off the water, its walking to the cabin/trailer/camp site and settling down for the night. I don't think having a few beers and getting the boat back in is nearly as dangerous or as stupid as drinking and driving you vehicle.

Lowrance Fishburn
03-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Hardly a rule, it's the law. Wise up, impaired driving is not cool anymore unless you're a teenager, and if most of those have more sense.

If you need beers to relax, then yer, you're addicted. If you weren't, the you wouldn't need em and you wouldn't do it.

Lol ok, I don't want to argue, You can live your life and I will live mine. I'm glad to meet an addiction expert like yourself though lol.

IMO if you're having a few beers fishing and you don't plan to drive that day, you're probably not a menace to society. If you are hammered, being belligerent, disrupting other fishermen, then u deserve what you get.

Drinking and driving you vehicle still a big no-no under any circumstance.

kevinhits
03-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Amazing how Canada is so policed for minor bs,in some states it use to be legal for the passenger to drink booze.I take a few beers every time I fish,I just don't understand how F&W can take the time to ruin someones day for a couple beers.I'm not saying its ok to down 6-8 beers and drive but come on,there's bigger problems with idiots taking too many fish and leaving garbage behind. I really get ****ed when I see garbage and dog chit all over the ice!

Still legal in Montana....

Few years back I watched a guy get into the passenger seat with an open beer at a golf course in Eureka and thought...WTF....Decided to check the laws and sure as hell...Legal:bad_boys_20:

R3illy
03-25-2016, 06:59 PM
Second time out ice fishing this year and we get stopped by fish and wildlife again. This time on a lake that had no one on it. We decided to take advantage and ask the officer a bunch of questions about the popular lakes near by and which ones were the best to fish on....

He goes on to tell us he never sees people on the lake we were on and he rarely visits it... Guess that explained the great luck we had today.

The drive out of the lake was insane though... Dirt roads with no gravel mixed with a major rain storm and snow on the road made travelling out of there slow.

Mhunter51
04-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Fishburn I don't think you get it yet. Driving a car or a boat is the same thing. You guys sit around camp and have a " few " beers and then get in your boat to ' enjoy a few beers '. Who's driving ?? First step is to admit there's a problem !!! As for the ice fishers that drink, you still gotta drive home at the end of a ' few ' beers. Not smart.

ZipperHead
04-01-2016, 03:49 PM
As for the ice fishers that drink, you still gotta drive home at the end of a ' few ' beers. Not smart.

You sure don't if you're the passenger.