PDA

View Full Version : Highly curious!

parfleche
03-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Not to start a controversy BUT some already have in regards to Manjeets the politician who was killed in a car accident last winter.
I went by the search are yesterday and find it very suspicious that a 20 man tactical team of RCMP would be employed in the search for items said to be glasses and a watch?
Could it be that regards to the fact that so many police were used that something of the restricted or prohibited nature was lost and ONLY the police were allowed to handle this ?
IMO one or perhaps two squad cars with a highway crew could have been used unless the items were not for the eyes of the public?
I have never heard of this before ? have any of you ?
Who knows what to believe anymore ? Very curious to say the least!

calgarychef
03-20-2016, 10:45 AM
Great observation, did he have an authorisation to carry?

waterninja
03-20-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm highly curious of what it is you are implying, or where your going with this. This is a fatality inquire and I would think that now that the snow has melted the authorities want to make sure that no evidence of any kind has been overlooked. Naturally you don't want the general public contamanating the scene, till area has been completly searched. I would think that this is standard policy, and I wouldn't read to much into it.

Purple Farmer
03-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Well I read a lot into this, closing highway, tactical teams, they are looking for something and I don't believe it was personal in nature, but, this story will go nowhere in the media Even though it should.

Father of five
03-20-2016, 11:14 AM
RCMP K division spokes person was on the news earlier this week and said it had nothing the do with the accident itself and they were only looking for personal items to return to the family

Sounds to me like a misuse of resources if she was telling the truth

Roughneck12
03-20-2016, 11:15 AM
They were off duty members.

brendan's dad
03-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Not to start a controversy BUT some already have in regards to Manjeets the politician who was killed in a car accident last winter.
I went by the search are yesterday and find it very suspicious that a 20 man tactical team of RCMP would be employed in the search for items said to be glasses and a watch?
Could it be that regards to the fact that so many police were used that something of the restricted or prohibited nature was lost and ONLY the police were allowed to handle this ?
IMO one or perhaps two squad cars with a highway crew could have been used unless the items were not for the eyes of the public?
I have never heard of this before ? have any of you ?
Who knows what to believe anymore ? Very curious to say the least!

I fear a "tin foil hat" may not suffice and you may have to go straight to this.....

Purple Farmer
03-20-2016, 11:21 AM

Really? How do you know that? If that's true it ads even more to a frankly weird story.

Scott N
03-20-2016, 11:24 AM
By all accounts he was a good man who's nature was to help others, which is how he got killed. It doesn't seem unreasonable for his family to want to look for some of his belongings.

Ebrand
03-20-2016, 11:28 AM

Double time at a minimum and redirecting resources from the detachments they should have been working in if they were not on overtime. No one works for free. Why should they????.

I am sympathetic to Mr. Bhullar's family for their loss and I hope they find some closure. Finding symbols of his faith may help with that.

This search is not something tax payers should be paying for.

bobtodrick
03-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Good grief...paranoia is alive and well on AO.
Maybe they're looking for the secret documents proving the CIA's involvement in blowing up the twin towers.

Purple Farmer
03-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Good grief...paranoia is alive and well on AO.
Maybe they're looking for the secret documents proving the CIA's involvement in blowing up the twin towers.

A member asks a question and you want to ridicule posters, it is only you who mentioned the CIA and the twin towers, nobody else:snapoutofit:

hayseed
03-20-2016, 11:42 AM
I'm highly curious of what it is you are implying, or where your going with this. This is a fatality inquire and I would think that now that the snow has melted the authorities want to make sure that no evidence of any kind has been overlooked. Naturally you don't want the general public contamanating the scene, till area has been completly searched. I would think that this is standard policy, and I wouldn't read to much into it.

It wasn't a fatality inquiry or a crime scene, they were lookin for his glasses and his watch, and his shoe.

Grizzly Adams
03-20-2016, 12:05 PM

In uniform ? Something fishy, especially since some items weren't recovered. Gotta wonder if they disappeared between there and final disposition, which raises other questions.

Grizz

Full Curl Earl
03-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Those are odd items to be interested in, other than his watch...

BBT
03-20-2016, 12:17 PM
Those are odd items to be interested in, other than his watch...

I think the main item they are looking for is his Kara.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_(Sikhism)

And I'm glad the RCMP did what they did. The accident happened in the meridian and for the safety of his family and the safety of those on the road this makes sense. Also this man gave his life while assisting another human in need and this makes him a hero and worthy of this effort.

igorot
03-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Double time at a minimum and redirecting resources from the detachments they should have been working in if they were not on overtime. No one works for free. Why should they????.

I am sympathetic to Mr. Bhullar's family for their loss and I hope they find some closure. Finding symbols of his faith may help with that.

That would be flooded with thousand of people if they allow volunteer or might be doing it out of respect to the man at least he did something for the province.Whats next audit every politician to account for their time for attending his funeral.

Full Curl Earl
03-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Regarding his Kara, That would make sense, and seems like announcing it as such would make sense as well.

Ebrand
03-20-2016, 02:06 PM
That would be flooded with thousand of people if they allow volunteer or might be doing it out of respect to the man at least he did something for the province.Whats next audit every politician to account for their time for attending his funeral.

All I said was that taxpayers should not be paying for the search. And that I suspect they are.

Did not say anything to take away from Mr. Bhullar or his accomplishments.
I also said nothing about anyone who attended his funeral.

I don't understand your comments.

JustMe
03-20-2016, 02:26 PM
If folks worried more about all the things they did wrong and less about other people, the world would be a better place.

bat119
03-20-2016, 02:36 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/manmeet-bhullar-highway-search-finds-personal-items-1.3499470

The father of an Alberta politician who died following a highway crash last November says an RCMP search of the median has turned up his son's missing watch and eyeglasses.

But Baljinder Bhullar says some of his son's other personal effects including his kara — a bracelet worn by Sikhs — is still missing along with his cufflinks and shoes.

Redfrog
03-20-2016, 02:40 PM
If folks worried more about all the things they did wrong and less about other people, the world would be a better place.

This could be a good opportunity for you to take, to do that.:thinking-006:

Odd how we always know what others should do to make the world a better place.

parfleche
03-20-2016, 03:36 PM
There is no doubt that the man was a fine person ! and respect should be given because of this loosing ones life ,attempting to help someone in need! A hero NOT but a good citizen with values ,and an unlucky one to boot!
And by posting about this NOTHING was to infer that there was anything done by him that was illegal ! But I,m afraid it will be a LONG time before we see such
a search by the cops again ! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!
Seems like a lot of thin skinned members on here ! :snapoutofit:

igorot
03-20-2016, 05:49 PM
All I said was that taxpayers should not be paying for the search. And that I suspect they are.

Did not say anything to take away from Mr. Bhullar or his accomplishments.
I also said nothing about anyone who attended his funeral.

I don't understand your comments.

Then what are trying to imply on your post. Why not some of those politician are being paid by the taxpayer and they are attending a funeral. Taxpayer are already paying for the legal fees for the corrupt politician to defend themselves. Don't be naive on where taxpayers money are being spent unless....

roughneckin
03-20-2016, 06:01 PM

Lots of really good folks do work for free, volunteering to look for items that give a good family some closure I believe would be a really good reason to do something that you are trained to do for free. Just a good Canadian thing to do.

RandyBoBandy
03-20-2016, 06:48 PM
From what I got out of the interview was that the search area was in the median..safety FIRST so they deployed members to search rather than civilians..could have used Search and Rescue..but it's all okay IMHO ..carry on :)

Copidosoma
03-20-2016, 07:13 PM
His name was Manmeet.

He was a sitting member of the Alberta Legislature.

He was a genuinely nice person and died trying to help others.

You could at least have a shred of respect for the guy.

Purple Farmer
03-20-2016, 07:54 PM
His name was Manmeet.

He was a sitting member of the Alberta Legislature.

He was a genuinely nice person and died trying to help others.

You could at least have a shred of respect for the guy.

I don't think anyone showed any disrespect towards him, unless a post was deleted.

Klondike
03-20-2016, 08:01 PM
From what I got out of the interview was that the search area was in the median..safety FIRST so they deployed members to search rather than civilians..could have used Search and Rescue..but it's all okay IMHO ..carry on :)

X2

roper1
03-20-2016, 10:03 PM
I'm going with the OP here. An observational adult that notices when events just look a little off works for me. The very vigilance cops ask us to use with regards to public safety, drunk driving, car prowling, home prowling, etc.

Copidosoma
03-21-2016, 12:06 AM
I don't think anyone showed any disrespect towards him, unless a post was deleted.

If the OP doesn't have the decency to spell the name of a well known politician correctly, it looks disrespectful to me.

KegRiver
03-21-2016, 12:26 AM
I don't know how they do things down south, but up here it's the highway crews that do cleanup.
I'm kinda curious too, why not have highway maintenance involved in the search. It's not like they don't ever work on the median.
I don't think the RCMP get called in to replace downed signs and such. At least up here they don't.

I wouldn't hazard a guess about whats behond the search. But public safety doesn't fly in my books.

whiteout
03-21-2016, 01:21 AM

Other than the OP butchering the spelling of his name. He was a very well known politician, no reason (other than intentional) to misspell his name.

Or if he genuinely didn't know, something that 2 seconds on Google or the article that he read would have solved it.

Okotokian
03-21-2016, 09:27 AM
I simply assumed that there are charges relating to the accident and they are looking for extra evidence that might relate to the case. It was winter and a during a snow storm at the time of the accident. And remember, Manmeet wasn't driving or even in his car when he was hit, he was in the ditch helping a car that had gone off the road, so it's unlikely they are looking for anything of his. And they wouldn't use a road crew to search for evidence. Maybe the driver who caused the accident threw his hash pipe away...

Purple Farmer
03-21-2016, 10:51 AM
Other than the OP butchering the spelling of his name. He was a very well known politician, no reason (other than intentional) to misspell his name.

Or if he genuinely didn't know, something that 2 seconds on Google or the article that he read would have solved it.

I'm sorry you are upset, read the OP again and while he may have been able to phrase things in a manner more acceptable to you, his post was not about the man, but, about the closure of the highway.

Purple Farmer
03-21-2016, 10:53 AM
If the OP doesn't have the decency to spell the name of a well known politician correctly, it looks disrespectful to me.

Well, it didn't come across that way to me, we all are entitled to our opinion.

Purple Farmer
03-21-2016, 10:55 AM
I don't know how they do things down south, but up here it's the highway crews that do cleanup.
I'm kinda curious too, why not have highway maintenance involved in the search. It's not like they don't ever work on the median.
I don't think the RCMP get called in to replace downed signs and such. At least up here they don't.

I wouldn't hazard a guess about whats behond the search. But public safety doesn't fly in my books.

Keg, correct me if I'm wrong, but Alberta Transportation dictates that you must have appropriate traffic control, flag person etc while working within the highway road allowance or using it for egress.

Okotokian
03-21-2016, 11:01 AM

Sheesh, people misspell everything on this forum. Unless the name was changed to something clearly derogatory, I accept that the OP simply misspelled it. And as to how well known he was, if you had come up to me before his death and asked "Who is Manmeet Bhullar?", I would have answered "I have no idea".

DiabeticKripple
03-21-2016, 11:08 AM

If you would take the time to read some news articles, you would be happy to find out that they were not paid for this. It was completely voluntary.

KGB
03-21-2016, 11:25 AM
Putin called, said that 2 kilos of plutonium is missing....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

KegRiver
03-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Keg, correct me if I'm wrong, but Alberta Transportation dictates that you must have appropriate traffic control, flag person etc while working within the highway road allowance or using it for egress.

Correct.

But. Appropriate is an interesting term that seems to vary according to the workers political clout and the circumstances.

As I understand the search in question, no signs or traffic control would be required unless an MCI specifically ordered it, which they sometimes do in response to citizen complaints.

Ebrand
03-21-2016, 06:13 PM
If you would take the time to read some news articles, you would be happy to find out that they were not paid for this. It was completely voluntary.

I read the original post.

Mr. Bhullar was not my MLA. I am a conservative supporter. I know who he was.
I have nothing bad to say about the man.

Have my opinion on how "voluntary" the participants were. They may have volunteered for the search. Make no mistake. This cost taxpayers money.

I hope the family benefits from the search and gets some closure from the personal items recovered.

I am anxious to see how many more searches of this nature occur in the future to benefit the families of Albertans after a tragedy. I am not aware of any similar endeavours from the past. Must be a new free service.

igorot
03-22-2016, 07:19 AM
I read the original post.

Mr. Bhullar was not my MLA. I am a conservative supporter. I know who he was.
I have nothing bad to say about the man.

Have my opinion on how "voluntary" the participants were. They may have volunteered for the search. Make no mistake. This cost taxpayers money.

I hope the family benefits from the search and gets some closure from the personal items recovered.

I am anxious to see how many more searches of this nature occur in the future to benefit the families of Albertans after a tragedy. I am not aware of any similar endeavours from the past. Must be a new free service.

Maybe you can not take care of your own:1041:. That is why taxpayer step up to the plate to give closure to the family of their public servant.