PDA

View Full Version : stolen ice fishing shack

bentley
03-20-2016, 08:59 PM
So .... some poor misguided soul stole my G-D ice fishing trailer . It was parking beside my shop in Bentley , useless for anything other than ice fishing . J-C it had four holes in the floor & plywood on the windows & you'd be very lucky if the tires didn't blow off the rims . I called my nephews just to check if they had borrowed the unit to drink beer in , but nope . It was last seen by me on Wens & I noticed it was gone this afternoon .

EZM
03-20-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear some dead beat has stolen your fishing trailer. It never surprises me to hear about the stuff thieves will shamelessly take from a guy.

I think I've seen your shack out on the ice a few times this year at Gull. Looked like a great set up - I will keep my eyes open for you.

Hope they get caught, beaten and prosecuted.

yoteblaster
03-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Have seen it at Gull as well. Will keep my eyes open

bentley
03-20-2016, 10:25 PM
It wasn't much but it was warm & dry and kept the wind off . Why the HE.. somebody would take it is beyond me . The lights didn't work , tires leaked , four huge holes in the floor and smelled like bait & fish . There have been 3 trailers taken from Bentley in the last month just from friends !

Grizzly Adams
03-21-2016, 07:40 AM
It wasn't much but it was warm & dry and kept the wind off . Why the HE.. somebody would take it is beyond me . The lights didn't work , tires leaked , four huge holes in the floor and smelled like bait & fish . There have been 3 trailers taken from Bentley in the last month just from friends !

Maybe someone is just cleaning up the hamlet. :D

Grizz

David Henry
03-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Sorry to hear you have lost your fishing shack, I drove by it last week and figured it really added something to the neighborhood, Damned thieves to lazy to make their own. I will keep my eye open for it, got to be close by somewhere. David.

waterninja
03-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Sorry to hear you have lost your fishing shack, I drove by it last week and figured it really added something to the neighborhood, Damned thieves to lazy to make their own. I will keep my eye open for it, got to be close by somewhere. David.
Really have to wonder why someone would go through all the trouble to steal something like that. No re sale value, next to impossible to hide for long and they can't use it themselfs. I'm sure it will turn up. Hope they don't trash it completly, or burn it.

Sundancefisher
03-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Really have to wonder why someone would go through all the trouble to steal something like that. No re sale value, next to impossible to hide for long and they can't use it themselfs. I'm sure it will turn up. Hope they don't trash it completly, or burn it.

Likely in The bush off a forestry trunk road.

Heisenberg likely looking to cook again.

Will keep an eye out.

Freedom55
03-21-2016, 03:06 PM
Not much use otherwise. Maybe the wood is burned and the frame is re-purposed.

bentley
03-21-2016, 10:25 PM

Wife didn't want it in back yard so I'd parked at the shop for the last few years , only trouble I have had was the dozen or so beer cans I found in it . Somebody may have spent the evening sleeping there rodeo weekend , better than them driving so I didn't mind .

Wolftrapper
03-21-2016, 10:43 PM
Useless thieves. I really hope you get it back.

bentley
03-22-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm going to just hope they get caught , It may show up on a lake next season & then they will . I had an old shack taken about 15 years ago , it showed up at Gull lake with a guys phone number on it a few seasons later . A buddy saw it when he was out on his sled and wrote number down . I called the number , left a message & my number that I was taking my G-D shack back . Never heard from anyone .