PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Private Hunting land WMU 338-342

playmusic40
03-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Just sending out a request to see if anyone with Private land or farm land in WMU 340, 342 or 338 would allow me to hunt 1-2 whitetail deer? This would be on foot according to your rules. Let me know. Regards

Salavee
03-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Just sending out a request to see if anyone with Private land or farm land in WMU 340, 342 or 338 would allow me to hunt 1-2 whitetail deer? This would be on foot according to your rules. Let me know. Regards

You should know better than to post this type of ad on this forum. What gives with guys like you ? Go find some hunting area on your own ... like the rest of us.

Lefty-Canuck
03-21-2016, 02:58 PM
LOL....me too, please send maps in your PMs and GPS locations of the stands I can use, I'll send you my schedule so I know I am the only out there at any given time.

LC

jlgsgw
03-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Lol new guy took a shot....

catnthehat
03-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Lol new guy took a shot....

Hardly new with a 2013 registration!
Cat

jlgsgw
03-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Hardly new with a 2013 registration!
Cat
Lol I didn't see any posts I just assumed, hmm I guess that's a little more sad then lol.

300magman
03-21-2016, 03:21 PM
LOL....me too, please send maps in your PMs and GPS locations of the stands I can use, I'll send you my schedule so I know I am the only out there at any given time.

LC

I had the PM all typed out for you, but realized I lost my GPS so don't have the coordinates you would need for the stands....other than that seemed like a reasonable request though :sHa_sarcasticlol:

playmusic40
03-21-2016, 03:24 PM
You should know better than to post this type of ad on this forum. What gives with guys like you ? Go find some hunting area on your own ... like the rest of us.

I am looking for some new hunting areas. That is why I sent out this request. If someone has any land they are willing to let me hunt on, I will drive out and introduce myself to them.

catnthehat
03-21-2016, 03:29 PM
I am looking for some new hunting areas. That is why I sent out this request. If someone has any land they are willing to let me hunt on, I will drive out and introduce myself to them.

This community is quite a bit tighter than that.
I am pretty certain any of the members here that are landowners want to know a lot more about a member than just a request on the forum after having registered and not posting since 2013.
Just sayin'.........
Cat

Bulldog Edm
03-21-2016, 03:30 PM
You can drive out and knock on doors. Talk to the land owners. I did just this and have secured myself so far 2 new properties for next hunting season.

playmusic40
03-21-2016, 03:43 PM
You can drive out and knock on doors. Talk to the land owners. I did just this and have secured myself so far 2 new properties for next hunting season.

Sounds good. Thanks for the response.

elkhunter11
03-21-2016, 03:46 PM

And if everyone started a thread looking for hunting access, we would have hundreds of ads on the topic.

wildwoods
03-21-2016, 04:18 PM
Sorry OP. I'm sure you realize this isn't the place. Everyone on this forum would like access to more land. Ain't gonna happen that way.
To be of help: download the Ihunter app. Isolate the areas you want to hunt and get door knocking. I find it's easier to be successful if you start well before season starts. Give a business card with your personal info on it and be courteous, especially if the answer is no. I have found that once a landowner evaluates your reaction to rejection, they can sometimes change their minds. Go get em!

iliketrout
03-22-2016, 07:09 AM
Sorry OP. I'm sure you realize this isn't the place. Everyone on this forum would like access to more land. Ain't gonna happen that way.
To be of help: download the Ihunter app. Isolate the areas you want to hunt and get door knocking. I find it's easier to be successful if you start well before season starts. Give a business card with your personal info on it and be courteous, especially if the answer is no. I have found that once a landowner evaluates your reaction to rejection, they can sometimes change their minds. Go get em!

X2. Include your vehicle make and model and names of potential hunters who will be joining you. Don't assume permission for you is permission for everyone in your group.

playmusic40
03-22-2016, 07:23 AM
Perfect tks for the tips!

redneck yote
03-23-2016, 07:42 AM
Hey there Buds ,
Awe,I wish you would have been looking to hunt Elk instead of Deer . I have a real problem with the Elk on my Ranch . Sorry I don't allow deer hunting but If your interested in Elk instead I could help you out . I should also mention that I don't live in the zones you looking for but I have lots of land N.W of them .
So if any interest their are a few things that I would need from you , Plus this will save you a trip coming out to see Myself .
# 1, Current criminal check , Cause I dont know you from Adam and I want to feel safe when your out here hunting .
#2 , Current copy of drivers licence . Just so I recognize who you are when you enter my Yard .
#3, Copy of your hunter training , Win card , Pal course , Just so I know your legal to hunt my PROPERTY .
# 4, Photo of your truck with a copy of current insurance . Cause you will have to drive across my land quit a bit to find the honey holes .Dont want to mistake you for a trespasser !!
#5 , Same rules apply for all your Friends and Family that would like to Join you on your hunt .
So that should do it for now more rules later , Let me know BY P.M If your interested if not, no hard feelings and good luck in your Quest !!

jlgsgw
03-23-2016, 08:41 AM
Hey there Buds ,
Awe,I wish you would have been looking to hunt Elk instead of Deer . I have a real problem with the Elk on my Ranch . Sorry I don't allow deer hunting but If your interested in Elk instead I could help you out . I should also mention that I don't live in the zones you looking for but I have lots of land N.W of them .
So if any interest their are a few things that I would need from you , Plus this will save you a trip coming out to see Myself .
# 1, Current criminal check , Cause I dont know you from Adam and I want to feel safe when your out here hunting .
#2 , Current copy of drivers licence . Just so I recognize who you are when you enter my Yard .
#3, Copy of your hunter training , Win card , Pal course , Just so I know your legal to hunt my PROPERTY .
# 4, Photo of your truck with a copy of current insurance . Cause you will have to drive across my land quit a bit to find the honey holes .Dont want to mistake you for a trespasser !!
#5 , Same rules apply for all your Friends and Family that would like to Join you on your hunt .
So that should do it for now more rules later , Let me know BY P.M If your interested if not, no hard feelings and good luck in your Quest !!
I'd say your about to be a popular man ... lol

elkhunter11
03-23-2016, 08:50 AM
I'd say your about to be a popular man ... lol

Some people will be offended, but the bottom line is that it is his land, if you don't like the conditions, simply hunt elsewhere. I do know a group of landowners that require you to show your hunting license before being granted access, and if you tell them that you don't require a license, you don't get access.It's their land, their rules, it's as simple as that.

jlgsgw
03-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Some people will be offended, but the bottom line is that it is his land, if you don't like the conditions, simply hunt elsewhere.
Offended by what? Unfortunately this is the time we live in, we don't do business on a handshake anymore unfortunately, everybody has to cover their butt these days.

Talking moose
03-23-2016, 09:00 AM
If your on Facebook, you could join this group and try, you never know....
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160323/3eab33ecde6ac18da8be31f5392639ee.jpg

C & C
03-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Hey there Buds ,

I don't mean any disrespect and its awesome you are offering up land to people to control your elk problem but with that information freely exchanged should be done in person and not on the net. With multiple pieces of gov't identification (DL PAL) identity theft is a real issue here. You really need to know and trust the people you hand that much personal information too.

I am not saying at all that is happening here but hoping the excitement of new hunting area doesn't burn anyone.

HoytCRX32
03-24-2016, 05:01 AM
I don't mean any disrespect and its awesome you are offering up land to people to control your elk problem but with that information freely exchanged should be done in person and not on the net. With multiple pieces of gov't identification (DL PAL) identity theft is a real issue here. You really need to know and trust the people you hand that much personal information too.

I am not saying at all that is happening here but hoping the excitement of new hunting area doesn't burn anyone.

I sense a little tongue in cheek here:thinking-006:

58thecat
03-24-2016, 05:36 AM

Can't blame a guy or girl for trying, maybe, just maybe it might open a door or two, spark a friendship and make for a positive experience for both parties.

58thecat
03-24-2016, 05:42 AM
Perfect tks for the tips!

Good positive responses here are the ones to focus on, the rest are just like commercials, background noise,
If I had land in the area you requested I would have pm you, when you show up at my door and we get through the introductions etc then I would decide after. No different if you called me ahead of time or if you just came a knocking.
Leave a good first impression along with what some positive advise people have given you and you will have some good results.
Good luck!

elkhunter11
03-24-2016, 07:41 AM
I sense a little tongue in cheek here:thinking-006:

I believe that he made that post expecting some people to be offended that he dare ask such questions. :)

waldedw
03-24-2016, 07:59 AM
wow this one really got the trolls riled up

playmusic40
03-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Good positive responses here are the ones to focus on, the rest are just like commercials, background noise,
If I had land in the area you requested I would have pm you, when you show up at my door and we get through the introductions etc then I would decide after. No different if you called me ahead of time or if you just came a knocking.
Leave a good first impression along with what some positive advise people have given you and you will have some good results.
Good luck!

Yes, I agree with you. Tks for your info as well.

CNP
03-28-2016, 04:42 PM
And if everyone started a thread looking for hunting access, we would have hundreds of ads on the topic.

Not if everyone ignored them.................instead of making obtuse comments.