PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Nordegg

Battery
03-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Got a cabin in Nordegg for the long weekend here and it looks like there's 2 or 3 lakes right in around Nordegg that I haven't ever fished. Any recommendations on which one would be the best for a couple hours of ice fishing?. Don't really care about size of fish, just want to wet the line once more this winter and wouldn't mind bringing in a few. Shunda, Fish Lake and Goldeye lake look like the best options.

backcountry cowboy
03-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Goldeye is a nice lake, but is quite shallow in spots, Fish Lake is good to, never been to Shunda…. but have heard good things about it
And they have been getting some really warm weather out there, not sure how thick the ice will be anymore :thinking-006:

RavYak
03-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Shunda and Fish lake are the same lake.

I was just at Fish Lake and the fishing was pretty easy considering we didn't have trout tackle. The trout were all small like 8-10 in but there should be a couple broods in there too.

Deep
03-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Just look at the stocking reports- think I saw 200 big brooder trout were put in Fish lake.

Battery
03-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Shunda and Fish lake are the same lake.

I was just at Fish Lake and the fishing was pretty easy considering we didn't have trout tackle. The trout were all small like 8-10 in but there should be a couple broods in there too.

Awesome, will have to try it out. How long ago were you out? Was the ice still thick?

claystone
03-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Goldeye is good for pan fry Rainbows, just go out a hundred yards or so and you're good or check where all the holes have been drilled.:)

RavYak
03-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Awesome, will have to try it out. How long ago were you out? Was the ice still thick?

Was out there this weekend. There was still a fair bit of ice and it was pretty solid still compared to our ice around Edmonton.

Battery
03-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Was out there this weekend. There was still a fair bit of ice and it was pretty solid still compared to our ice around Edmonton.

Excellent. I will update this thread after the weekend. Thanks!