PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever hosted Klingons ice fishing?

Pioneer2
02-24-2009, 06:38 AM
You know the type that watches you catch fish and casually strolls over to see what your doing that they're not.Then with no reguard procedes to drill holes within spitting distance and brings the entire enterage with them.Failing to catch fish they leave after an hour or so.Leaves me shaking my head.90% of the people I meet out there are great and know many people from past seasons.But then there's the scavengers/coyotes AKA Klingons.I have given families with small kids homemade Whitefish jigs that work on anything in the lake but not these other jerks ........................Harold **** I think I got some "P" in my oatmeal this AM**I need some caffine

Freedom55
02-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Or one that shows up, crowds you, then proceeds with a non-stop narrative on the subject of fishing (or any other subject for that matter) on which of course Mr. Bigmouth Tooclose is an expert.

Sundancefisher
02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
I drove out on Lac St Anne one winter in my old honda civic hatchback and the ice was 18-24 inches. It was about -35 out so I set up my old tent. I locked myself in and settled down and start catching a ton of very large whites. I was concentrating so hard I never noticed anything outside my tent until I realized my feet were now in about 6-8 inches of water. I opened the tent and found I was surrounded by cars, trucks etc. They were all close enough I could of kicked a rock and hit them on the first try. I looked all around and there was not another car to be seen outside of this group. I was amazed that everyone thought I had the "secret" location (which it was pretty good) but still...for the ice thickness there were to many vehicles to close together. I packed up and moved and found fish elsewhere.

I think people are generally social and want to be near others or they are insecure and figure someone is smarter than them. Those that act like Klingons are of the mentality that they are to proud to ask and seek help and rather try and steal the secrets serepticiously but are to dumb to realize they are way to obvious.

Those guys are very poor observers and therefore never really learn anything. Give them a hook and they don't know how to fish it differently they there were before.

IF they are real jerks I won't help...if they have kids and help the kids.

Cheers

Sun

Pioneer2
02-24-2009, 09:18 AM
This is theraputic! I thought maybe it was just me.Like I mentioned most guys are great put there's exceptions in every crowd......Harold

sco22
02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
We were fishing in June on Jackson Lake a couple of years back and just hammering the walleye. I mean it was a perfect day. About 25 degrees, sunny, no wind and the fishing was incredible. We did not move more than 50feet in 10 hours of fishing.

There were a fair number of boats on Jackson that day. . .maybe 25 and most were moving all over the place. We could see a couple of boats watching us with the binos and they started making their way over, but since you need to ATV into that lake, most boats are pretty small with kicker motors. As such, it took them a while to get to us. At the same time, we were just motoring back to drift over out hot spot. I made the joke that if they asked us what we were using, let's not tell them the truth. Instead, let's say pink deadheads with leeches. . .Of course we were laughing pretty hard at ourselves and speaking a little more loudly because our motor was running. . .not thinking that our voices would carry and the approaching boats would hear us. They pulled up and said "how are the pink deadheads and leeches working?". It wasn't as funny when they said it.

Cheers.

whitewolf
02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
i find that happens alot in kananaskis,the girls will catch a fish and all of a sudden lines wil be all around them...there has been many times i had to tell people to get away and give them space....that ****es me off the most

Pioneer2
02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I've even had guys drive all over the lake till they recognized my truck from posted pics and set up shop right along side.This is why I post no more fish pics with background landmarks...............................Harold

boomstick
02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
ya know it happens all over the place. when i lived in ontario we would go to the river for bows , and u would be there for a while , not much doin , than u would get one and the next thing u know u could slap 4 guys with your rod on the next cast ,{well its not my fault the damn rod was 13ft. long but boy could she turn a chargin bow ! }.
i think it just some people that think that the first there must know what he,s doin so it must be a good place . just wish they wouldn,t sit on my lap.