PDA

View Full Version : "Cease the day"

NewAlbertan
03-23-2016, 06:38 PM
A far bit of discussion on the effects of social media and such lately on AO. It is a very powerful medium that grants audience to those who would never have any before. And larger audiences than even the greatest orators and most famous people ever had before.

But bad things happen. A parking spot violator gets rape threats, innocent men get smeared for nothing, people's political, religious or cartridge preferences can get slandered by hundreds for an audience of thousands before the day is through.

This is what happens when someone leaves the shadows of forum monikers and anonymous commentary.
She even looks as though she is proud and enjoying herself. Hard to understand.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gEtp1eDz_mY

Purple Farmer
03-23-2016, 06:46 PM
Which part of the video did you find hard to understand?

wwbirds
03-23-2016, 07:08 PM
I hope she holds on to her day job

bobtodrick
03-23-2016, 07:14 PM
It's why when posting it should be reguirement (IMO) that you be required to use your real name (as I do).
Yes there are times when things need to be said that do require anonymity...but those instances are far outweighed by people using that anonymity to say hurtful, damaging things.
The internet (and social media) has great potential to inform and inspire.
It has just as great a potential to destroy lives.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
03-23-2016, 07:29 PM
Great video, thanks for sharing

Walleye Willy
03-23-2016, 09:00 PM
It's "Seize the Day", from the Latin "Carpe Diem", which means: Live for the moment and make the most of today.

Horace:
Languidly, wisely, kindly, his glass of wine in hand, Horace speaks to Leuconoe:

"Don't ask (it's forbidden to know) what end

the gods have granted to me or you, Leuconoe.

Don't play with Babylonian

fortune-telling either. How much better

it is to endure whatever will be!

Whether Jupiter has allotted to you

many more winters or this final one

which even now wears out the

Tyrrhenian sea on the rocks placed opposite.

- be wise, strain the wine, and scale back your long hopes

to a short period.

While we speak, envious time will have (already) fled

Seize the day, trusting as little as possible to the future."

Regardless of what you think of the content of her message, she is saying to get, involved, speak up now while you may make a difference.

super7mag
03-23-2016, 10:22 PM
It's "Seize the Day", from the Latin "Carpe Diem", which means: Live for the moment and make the most of today.

Horace:
Languidly, wisely, kindly, his glass of wine in hand, Horace speaks to Leuconoe:

"Don't ask (it's forbidden to know) what end

the gods have granted to me or you, Leuconoe.

Don't play with Babylonian

fortune-telling either. How much better

it is to endure whatever will be!

Whether Jupiter has allotted to you

many more winters or this final one

which even now wears out the

Tyrrhenian sea on the rocks placed opposite.

- be wise, strain the wine, and scale back your long hopes

to a short period.

While we speak, envious time will have (already) fled

Seize the day, trusting as little as possible to the future."

Regardless of what you think of the content of her message, she is saying to get, involved, speak up now while you may make a difference.

It's really too bad some haven't heard of Shut Up now , the difference your making isn't for the better!!

( side note: not referring to the quoted poster but social media in general).

And good thread BDB.

ak-71
03-23-2016, 11:56 PM
Oh, well, I must be way too old, I still remember times when XY & XX made sense and still was a norm (with some genetic exceptions).

brslk
03-24-2016, 12:27 AM
That was one of the stupidest videos I have seen. Her message was completely lost in her lack of talent and production.

Bushrat
03-24-2016, 07:45 AM
That was one of the stupidest videos I have seen. Her message was completely lost in her lack of talent and production.

She's just pandering to the bliss ninny crowd who because they have challenges think they are the only ones that have challenges and that they should impose them on everybody else. They need to get over themselves. There are people out there that really do have far more serious challenges than sexual identity and they are getting pushed aside by these frivolous selfish attention seeking morons.

Okotokian
03-24-2016, 08:24 AM

I think the original mistaken title is more appropriate for that video. ;

Wanna-be singer trying to get some views. Dumb song. Wasted her money.

elkhunter11
03-24-2016, 09:04 AM
The video is about as messed up a the title.

NewAlbertan
03-24-2016, 09:21 AM
The video is about as messed up a the title.

It was a pun...

waterninja
03-24-2016, 11:25 AM
x2 She might as well have been speaking in a foreign language as far as getting her point across, whatever her point was. Of course it might be me. Is this the way young people get get message's across to one another these days?