PDA

View Full Version : Mods Please Clean Up Aisle 3.

ganderblaster
03-26-2016, 06:01 AM
All sorts out there

NewAlbertan
03-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Maybe call them and ask to stop spam?

Also solves marriage problems

ForwardBias
03-26-2016, 06:10 AM
What a mess!!

4thredneck
03-26-2016, 06:39 AM
Spammer been busy!

icehunter
03-26-2016, 07:06 AM
DONT delete them....I'm not done having them help me solve all my dilemmas yet..just 20 more minutes pleaseeee..:angry3:

jlgsgw
03-26-2016, 07:19 AM
Molvikhan is on fire! Lmao

elkhunter11
03-26-2016, 07:47 AM
Molvikhan is on fire! Lmao

Unfortunately the scumbag didn't leave an e-mail address that could be used to get him a few thousand spam e-mails.:rolleye2:

jlgsgw
03-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Unfortunately the scumbag didn't leave an e-mail address that could be used to get him a few thousand spam e-mails.:rolleye2:
No doubt, not sure what they thought they were going to accomplish....some people's kids

NewAlbertan
03-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Perhaps just another way to 30 posts...

alacringa
03-26-2016, 08:21 AM
Haha...I reported the first one as spam...then I scrolled down. Yikes!

bobtodrick
03-26-2016, 08:26 AM
He's only hit the general forum.
He's hacked someone who only frequents that forum (thankfully),
Google his name...it appears to be a major attack of some sort...he's showing up all over the place, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube....you name it.

Clgy_Dave2.0
03-26-2016, 08:52 AM
If it comes back for round two this might help.

this kills spambots (httwp://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam)

fatboyz
03-26-2016, 09:01 AM
I make one off color joke about Rachel and I'm in the dog house within 30 min of posting, and they haven't cleaned up all this crap yet!

cranky
03-26-2016, 09:04 AM
This thing was on another forum i frequent for at least two years. It even comes up with new monikers.
Not sure how they finally got it stopped.

elkhunter11
03-26-2016, 09:40 AM
That is unfortunately one of the prices that comes with making it so easy to sign up and post on a forum. And once they are banned they can just sign up under a new username , and start posting again, like some of the banned people do. And some of theme have multiple IP addresses, which makes it even more difficult to get rid of them.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
03-26-2016, 09:43 AM
So that's where the 2.0 and 11 come from :lol:

Freedom55
03-26-2016, 09:43 AM
What surprises me is the number of people who have opened this junk.

rugatika
03-26-2016, 09:47 AM
I'm on it boys. Don't worry!

Clgy_Dave2.0
03-26-2016, 09:48 AM
What surprises me is the number of people who have opened this junk.
Like yourself?
:confused0024:

Opening the thread doesn't do anything. It's not like its a trojan that gets launched.
They're done to increase their SEO. Their posts don't even have to be read by humans.

It's like junkmail in your mailbox.

elkhunter11
03-26-2016, 09:50 AM

In my case you can see that my join date was in 2008, so that isn't the situation at all. Formerly banned people have recent join dates, and they change their username so that it is quite different from the username that they were banned under to try and avoid suspicion. So a recent join date is more reason to suspect that a person has been banned before.:)

Pixel Shooter
03-26-2016, 09:53 AM
wow that was fun LOL

Clgy_Dave2.0
03-26-2016, 09:59 AM
Not even close.

In my case you can see that my join date was in 2008, so that isn't the situation at all. Formerly banned people have recent join dates, and they change their username so that it is quite different from the username that they were banned under to try and avoid suspicion. So a recent join date is more reason to suspect that a person has been banned before.:)
^This. All my posts of 'Calgary Dave and "2.0" are together. I changed after I left the forum for over a year. It's true that it's easy to re-join. Unless your original account was from your home computer that has a static IP. Or in the case of one "new" member who went off on the mods, saying they were giving out his personal info, when he actually posted a pic from his Photobucket account, that had his real name, and his LinkdIn account, complete with work history, phone numbers, etc, etc. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ironic that Tinda's join date is a mere weeks, and yet he's right in there with every controversial topic right away.
Most newbs take a long time before they start conversing and arguing with regular/long time members.
You see a lot of "new joins" jump right into the fracas, and know all the back-history of different discussions.

"Things that make ya go hmmmmmm" :thinking-006:

Clgy_Dave2.0
03-26-2016, 10:01 AM
wow that was fun LOLBet your clicker got a workout. The worst is if they hit the site with a DoS attack!

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
03-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Not even close.

^This. All my posts of 'Calgary Dave and "2.0" are together. I changed after I left the forum for over a year. It's true that it's easy to re-join. Unless your original account was from your home computer that has a static IP. Or in the case of one "new" member who went off on the mods, saying they were giving out his personal info, when he actually posted a pic from his Photobucket account, that had his real name, and his LinkdIn account, complete with work history, phone numbers, etc, etc. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ironic that Tinda's join date is a mere weeks, and yet he's right in there with every controversial topic right away.
Most newbs take a long time before they start conversing and arguing with regular/long time members.
You see a lot of "new joins" jump right into the fracas, and know all the back-history of different discussions.

"Things that make ya go hmmmmmm" :thinking-006:

No need to get testy Dave I was just making a zinger. How would you suggest a new commer approach becoming a member ? Are we not supposed to comment on any long time member comments ? I have bought and read the magazine for years and not having any real interest to converse on anything of importance until I read the semi auto gun ban thread which made me chime in, plus you can't view some of the interesting pictures with out becoming a member. So from my point of view I've been a member for several years because I purchase the magazine. Do you purchase the magazine ? After all this great forum probably would be here with out it.

waterninja
03-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Looks like I missed something. I have no idea what this thread is about.

elkhunter11
03-26-2016, 10:27 AM
wow that was fun LOL

Thanks for taking out the garbage.:)

Looks like I missed something. I have no idea what this thread is about.

You missed a huge spam attack, 45 posts worth.

4thredneck
03-26-2016, 10:56 AM
wow that was fun LOL

I bet your glad you slept in:scared0018::scared0018:

Freedom55
03-27-2016, 07:38 AM
Like yourself?
:confused0024:

Opening the thread doesn't do anything. It's not like its a trojan that gets launched.
They're done to increase their SEO. Their posts don't even have to be read by humans.

It's like junkmail in your mailbox.

Wake up Dave. There's a bunch of new spam for you to open. I think I'll pass, again.

Free

fatboyz
03-27-2016, 07:58 AM
This never happened when the PC's were in, lol