PDA

View Full Version : mcgregor

fishking
02-24-2009, 06:34 PM
I am heading to mcgregor with my buddies this weekend, and I was wondering if anybody would share some of their info on the lake.I have never been there before, and any help would be great. thanks

merk1
02-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't know if it will help, never icefished but up till late september I had really good luck on the south end, just north of the bridge on the east side 30-40 meters out. I don't know how safe it is down there or if you can get there.

Freddydog
02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I was out on Mcgregor yesterday for 6 hrs by the campround on the North end of the lake. I had 1 walleye hit my smelt and 1 pike sniff my smelt. That was it. Saw a few whites on the camera also. Froze my butt once that north wind cranked up and of course my propane tank died 30 min in....

Buck Krazy
02-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Have had good luck on the south side of the causeway going to lomond, lotsa dink pike and some decent ling.... One day caught probably 20 pike(none legal) and 5 ling around 4lbs-- couple years ago though......

zezer
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
have fished the south end .....no worries ice is near 2 feet, have seen tracks north if your heading east over the bridge. We enter south before the bridge and head towards the dam.