PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Northern Sask

Andrew.M
02-24-2009, 07:45 PM
My dad and I are planning to go up to northern sask this summer for pike and walleye. Just wondering if any of you guys have been and recommendations for places to go. Any advice would be great!
Thanks
Andrew.

Bushmaster
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
How far north are you talking??.....we go to Canoe every year and do well.

Grizzled
02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
My favorite spot up there is tobin lake...

Andrew.M
02-24-2009, 10:39 PM
As far north as it takes to have some good action and decent fish. We try to go out to the west coast once every 3 years but the last time we went the fishing wasn't that good and it was really overpriced.

tbosch
02-25-2009, 06:34 AM
My dad and I did our father son trip to Nemeiben Lake just north of lac la ronge last year. We did very well for pike but didnt fish for walleye at all. The pike were very concentrated but when we found them it was incredible. If you like topwater action on deep standing cabbage..wow. I had an 18 pounder smash a popper on the surface. The lake itself needs to be respected very much, it is in the shield and is very rocky and hard to read. We spent two days making trail and marking it on the gps so we knew we wouldnt hit any submerged islands. There are also lake trout in there but we didnt have the equipment at the time we were there to fish for them. The locals were doing fairly well with them though. The campground is fantastic. Firewood is provided and the bathrooms have a tap outside which was unexpected. When we were there in july we had the whole back loop to ourselves and parked our boat right at our campsite. The ladies that run it are great too. If you ask them they will probably provide you with a large map of the lake. If you decide to go pm me and i'll give you some info on where to fish on the lake.

sneekie
02-25-2009, 07:23 AM
A friend of mine owns Pipestone lake lodge and you catch some big hens and nice walleye.It is a light housekeeping trip-u bring grub and gear he supplies housing and boats..he has a webpage..you wouldn't be disappointed if this is the type of trip you are looking for.