PDA

View Full Version : PAL Application

finsnfur
03-27-2016, 02:42 PM
Hey everyone, I would like to get a PAL license. The questions that I have are: Do I have to take a certified firearms training course through an instructor? Or is having my AHEIA hunter education course completed sufficient? Also, what are the differences between a non-restricted and restricted license and how do I apply for each? Thanks in advance

airbornedeerhunter
03-27-2016, 02:48 PM
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

Google is your friend.

No, a hunting course is not recognized.

Lefty-Canuck
03-27-2016, 02:53 PM
If you take a firearms course (which is required) your questions will likely be answered.

LC

The Cook
03-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Best advice ever given to me was to go for restricted pal then you always have options.

crosseye
04-06-2016, 03:46 PM
just an FYI - I mailed in my PAL application on March 14th and it still does not show up in their system, it's been almost a month. I know there is a 28 day waiting period, but that won't start until the application gets into their system.

When I phoned them today they said to keep checking. Well thats nice but I waited on hold for almost 20 minutes. I'm in no real hurry, I just find it frustrating any time I have to deal with the government :angry3:

elkhunter11
04-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone, I would like to get a PAL license. The questions that I have are: Do I have to take a certified firearms training course through an instructor? Or is having my AHEIA hunter education course completed sufficient? Also, what are the differences between a non-restricted and restricted license and how do I apply for each? Thanks in advance

You can hunt without a PAL, and you can possess a firearm without the hunter safety course, they are separate unrelated courses.

whiteout
04-06-2016, 04:12 PM
just an FYI - I mailed in my PAL application on March 14th and it still does not show up in their system, it's been almost a month. I know there is a 28 day waiting period, but that won't start until the application gets into their system.

When I phoned them today they said to keep checking. Well thats nice but I waited on hold for almost 20 minutes. I'm in no real hurry, I just find it frustrating any time I have to deal with the government :angry3:

As soon as the 28 days period is up, you'll be able to see it online. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean they haven't entered it, the 28 days starts from when they receive the application (+/- a day or two depending on if it was received on a Friday or just before a stat).