PDA

View Full Version : Post pounder

trophyhunter
03-30-2016, 06:31 AM
Hey all. I live northeast of Spruce grove and have been dealing with trespassers on my property. I'd like to rent a post pounder for a day or so to put up some fencing. Send me a message or pm with any info, thanks.

redneck yote
03-30-2016, 06:58 AM
If your using wood posts ,U.F.A rents out gas operated post pounders . Co-op used to too . You will need either a truck , tractor to pull . I have used a bigger quad in tight places to pull them . If using steel Posts u can buy , build or rent a pounder for them . Hope this helps ya out .

4thredneck
03-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Flaman rents post pounders, I think there is one in Stoney Plain.

double gun
03-30-2016, 07:52 AM
UFA - last time my buddy rented it was $100/day

cdmc
03-30-2016, 08:14 AM
Lifts of posts and wire are on sale right now at UFA. They usually give you a free rental if you buy enough.

Usually a 4 strand doesn't deter many people....run a a fence charger hot wire close to the top wire when they grab to climb over. Good reminder what fences are for

Fisherpeak
03-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Razor wire.:sHa_shakeshout:

rugatika
03-30-2016, 09:33 AM
Lifts of posts and wire are on sale right now at UFA. They usually give you a free rental if you buy enough.

Usually a 4 strand doesn't deter many people....run a a fence charger hot wire close to the top wire when they grab to climb over. Good reminder what fences are for

The beauty of 4 or 5 strand is it's easy for them to get in, but hilarious watching them try and get out when they're being chased by a crazed landowner with a baseball bat. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Grizzly Adams
03-30-2016, 04:02 PM

Legal requirement is to post signs, a deterrent in itself, nothing better than a good Hot fence. :lol:

Grizz

Purple Farmer
03-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Legal requirement is to post signs, a deterrent in itself, nothing better than a good Hot fence. :lol:

Grizz

Grizz, I don't believe there is any legal requirement to post.

boonedocks
03-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Hey all. I live northeast of Spruce grove and have been dealing with trespassers on my property. I'd like to rent a post pounder for a day or so to put up some fencing. Send me a message or pm with any info, thanks.

Fences work well to keep cattle in, but are poor for keeping people out!😜

curtis_rak
03-30-2016, 09:38 PM
I always rent from DDR in Stony Plain or Standard Rentals in Spruce. Both are good and offer some different equipment.

fish_e_o
03-30-2016, 09:58 PM
Are guys pounding posts yet? Seems early. Maybe you can book it for later in the year

Kim473
03-31-2016, 03:45 AM
Are guys pounding posts yet? Seems early. Maybe you can book it for later in the year

South faceing garden in Edmonton, the ground is just starting to thaw down to a foot. Need a couple more weeks to thaw in the sun I would guess.

trophyhunter
03-31-2016, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the info guys. A little early to pound yet, just getting things lined up.

Puma
03-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Guys around here have been pounding posts for a while now, some are cultivating .