PDA

View Full Version : BC Fishing trip

Gordoats26
03-30-2016, 12:19 PM
I am Planning to do a couple weeks of fishing in BC this summer. I want to catch some Dollies, Lakers, Gerrard Rainbows. I know I am going to Shushwap for a few days as I have family their. Does anyone have any suggestions for other lakes I should hit up in the interior of BC? I am rigged up with a boat and downrigers and all that. Was looking at Aero lakes and Kinbasket Also was looking at Christina Lake to possibly catch a few Bass. Any advice would be appreciated Thanks

The Fisherman Guy
03-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Beware the storms on Kinbasket and Arrow lakes, the wind can come up in a hurry and finding shelter can be difficult.

Kinbasket has good Bulls, Arrow has Rainbows and Bulls. Kinbasket has been fishing better than Arrow the last couple of years.

Other lakes to check out for the same species: Duncan & Kootenay Lakes.

Gordoats26
03-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Ok Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
I heard that kinbasket has a lot of floating logs and debris to contend with is that a major issue there?
Also i Heard that Kootney fishing has declined due to a shortage of kokanee salmon for the bulls and rainbow to feed on. Your the first person to mention Duncan I will do some looking into that lake thanks again.

The Fisherman Guy
03-30-2016, 03:04 PM
You bet, also something to consider - many places on the aforementioned lakes do not have cell phone reception!

The debris in Kinbasket can be tedious at times, mostly in the spring. This is true for most BC interior lakes. Keep a keen eye off your bow, and don't drive after dark and you should be fine.

Yes, the IHN Virus in the Kokanee of Kootenay lake is on an upswing, and has affected the fishery somewhat. If you want to stay away from those lakes, Shushwap has resident Lake Trout and Chinook Salmon when they're running.