PDA

View Full Version : Open Water!!!

Brayden3131
03-31-2016, 10:39 PM
Looking to get out on open water this weekend, preferably in a boat. Anywhere in central ab to try out?! Much appreciated. Tight lines

EZM
04-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Check the regulations for closures.

I can tell you most of the bigger lakes in Central Alberta still have 18" of ice on them but are getting soft around the edges.

Krisrf
04-01-2016, 10:41 AM
I too am hoping to get out in the next couple of weeks. I realize lakes are largely closed to fishing but plan on getting out and using the time for education on the electronics. That said, an open lake that I can put a gas motor on would be the ideal. I was half thinking about Blood Indian but at that kind of drive I can head to a variety of places in Southern Alberta as well. Though, Blood Indian has the benefit of fishing to (though that might distract from the real purpose of learning the electronics better)...

K

the local angler
04-01-2016, 05:17 PM
two weeks ago i was down at chain lakes near nanton, it was like 30% - 40 % open. i fished from shore but only got a few really tiny hits on the south end. water is incredibly low and shore line is muddy as hell. boat launch closest to the dam was out of the water by about the same distance length of the boat launch, second boat launch just north of that launch is closer to the water but not sure by how much.