PDA

View Full Version : New PETA Campaign - Crazy!!!

Sartorius
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
So, has anyone heard of PETA's new anti-fishing campaign? They've decided to rename fish "sea kittens." By substituting the name of a "cuter" animal in place of "fish", PETA believes that it will eliminate the stereotypical implications that have supposedly held fish in the "chains of oppression" for centuries! Personally, I can't believe that anyone would be gullible enough to be persuaded or fooled by this insanity.

They've even set up a cartoony website that looks like it's targeted at kids. You can find it at www.peta.org/sea_kittens/ , or you could just Google it.

I just thought I'd get the word out there. It's good to know what we're up against! Remember, knowledge is power!

icefever
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=25683&highlight=kittens
Check this site out, has been on here before

Walleyes
02-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.. These peoples views are very near what I have seen written on this board and other boards by so called outdoorsman.

We've all seen the writings on how to treat fish so we don't cause them pain and suffering cause you know we might give them nightmares or something....

boomstick
02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
sooo......how big of a seamouse do ya use for seakittens..:innocent:

bubba 96
02-25-2009, 04:15 PM
i bet it would make for good bait........pretty edible tasty animals....:lol::lol:

Nerdapres'
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Peta's time is near. I've been hearing a lot of celebrity interviews lately where they're saying they don't support PETA anymore because they're "too crazy" or any number of similar reasons.

Very good to hear.

ICE HOLE
02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
There's Room For All Gods Creatures......Right Next To The Mashed Potatoes

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-25-2009, 07:27 PM
My PETA doesnt include fake boobs and a bunch of clowns . My PETA includes Blood meat and a smile .

P-PEOPLE
E-EATTING
T-TASTEY
A-ANIMALS

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MEAT :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove:

Jester
02-25-2009, 07:28 PM
sooo......how big of a seamouse do ya use for seakittens..:innocent:

If you want to catch a seakitten then you have to sic the seadogs on em'..:D

http://seafever.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/under-sea-dog.jpg

boomstick
02-25-2009, 07:59 PM
that is so cool jester, wonder if i can get my shi,tsu to do that!!!:lol:

AlbertaOutdoorsmen19
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM
"Stop your department's promotion of fishing! I urge you to instead advocate nonviolent pastimes, such as bird-watching, canoeing, or hiking."

:huh:
This is a clip I found while reading a letter you can sign and send to the fisheries! I find it amusing . :lol:
P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals
FOREVER :D

Cal
02-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll tell you whats even crazyer, they want to save chickens! How could anyone ever visit a chicken farm and not want them dead? Even if you had no interest in eating them!

geezer55
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
If Bridgette Bardot had kissed a cod instead of a seal just think of how many cod would be out there now.

uicehole
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
My PETA doesnt include fake boobs and a bunch of clowns . My PETA includes Blood meat and a smile .

P-PEOPLE
E-EATTING
T-TASTEY
A-ANIMALS

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MEAT :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove:

##########
What's wrong with fake boobs?!?! That's almost as crazy talkin as PETA's. What next, ban lapdancing?

FisherPotch
02-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I dislike PETA very much. I don't think I've heard anyviews from outdoorsmen here that even come close to compairing to the crap that peta squeezes out. Conservation is something we all want to be apart of but PETA isn't for conserving they are trying to abolish hunting and fishing all together.

deerassassin
02-26-2009, 01:01 PM
yeah and the sad part is that eventually people like them are going to be running our country and telling us whether or not we can hunt or fish. its quite deppressing :cry:

ICE HOLE
02-26-2009, 01:29 PM
yeah and the sad part is that eventually people like them are going to be running our country and telling us whether or not we can hunt or fish. its quite deppressing :cry:

Not if we outsmart them.......Here's the plan.

Every Angler, Hunter, Trapper, Dog owner, Chicken or Beef grower, and Zoo patron join PETA (he's gone crazy you say). Then we attend their election meeting en mass and elect into office the meanest, shootingess, fishingess Redneck SOB's that ever graced this planet. These new Executive Officers of PETA, now in charge, and we change the direction of the organization until the acronym stands for Please Eat Tasty Animals.

First we take Manhatten and then Berlin.

Sartorius
02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow! I like the way you think!

Da Jimmer
02-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Yes! Excellent! After we take over the canadian government, do we take the U.S. or the U.K.? I'm thinking the U.S., then we can mass all the north american hicks, and be invincible!!!! We will banish all the vegetarians and tree huggers to...... no clue. Small islands in the middle of the ocean!?:evilgrin: But sea kittens are real, we control their appearance too! Eating things like corn really make them look different, flax and bran makes sad kittys though.:lol: The sea kitten is native to the porcelain sea.:D

bucktaker
02-26-2009, 06:38 PM
sea kittens.. Would like to see a peta hugger cuddle up to a burbot:tongue2:

CNP
02-26-2009, 07:52 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.. These peoples views are very near what I have seen written on this board and other boards by so called outdoorsman.

We've all seen the writings on how to treat fish so we don't cause them pain and suffering cause you know we might give them nightmares or something....

Yessireee Walleyes.......that is so true........they have been unwittingly re-educated themselves and they seek to change your value system by using emotion, threats, intimidation, humiliation and peer pressure. Why am I going on like that? :evilgrin:
I just pull them out of the water, land them in a boat or on the shore or on the ice. They flop in a pail or on the hull or on the shore or on the ice till they are dead.........unless they are really large and become a nuisance flopping around in the boat. I figure they die the same death as the millions upon millions upon millions of fish that are caught each year in the commercial fishery. Thats how we fished back in the day.......thats how I do it today...........what we practised for thousands of years has become anathema in one generation...http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/images/smilies/animated/lalala.gif

whitewolf
02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
i like the idea of going in undercover for the takeover ! the look on thier faces would be like this:huh:

hockeyfish
02-27-2009, 02:09 PM

remember that if they ever tried to ban hunting or fishing..we're the ones with the guns

OutwardBound
02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh PETA.....far too many people support peta and don't even really know what these extremists are about - and I can't stand the celebrity endorsements! Hunting and fishing are their major markets but their hidden agendas are just as disturbing. Such as their bid to make it illegal to have pets of any kind- I like my dogs and cats, no horseback riding, no human intervention in conservation what so ever, no zoo's, no medical research at all, etc. Basically no human animal interaction at all, in any way, shape or form...after all the animal were here first and we're the intruders.....JEEBUS!

Danni

Copidosoma
02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I like my sea kittens fried in butter.:evilgrin:

PETA Watch Australia
03-10-2009, 04:37 AM
A new site has been set up that looks at the economic and social damage being caused by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). It also examines its aims, philosophies, strategies and campaigns.

There are a couple of postings there about the ridiculous 'sea kitten' campaign.

The site is: http://petawatchaustralia.blogspot.com/

russian river
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Just had a look at the link posted about the new Australian chapter of PETA and wondered:
how much does a PETA leader get paid?

"That one of my ears be removed, mounted, and sent to the Canadian Parliament to assist them in hearing, for the first time perhaps, the screams of the seals, bears, raccoons , foxes, and minks bludgeoned, trapped, and sometimes skinned alive for their pelts."

was she wearing a coat of these live animals when they were BLUDGEONED to death and maybe got a few whacks herself?

and as for the lesbian campaign.... don't they like to eat "kitty":scared::rolleye2:

dcutter
03-10-2009, 11:55 AM
The Las Vegas magicians Penn and Teller have a TV show called "Bulls h i t".

In one of the episodes they absolutely undress PETA, and lay out all the hypocrisies of the orgainzation. It's definitely not a show for the little ones due to the language used, but they break down the numbers, and show PETA for what they really are, a money grubbing group of eco-terrorists, bent on profiting from hippies and greenies, through any means possible. Some of their methods include directly sponsoring eco-terrorism through the Animal Liberation Front, Sea Shepherd, and the Earth First Movement. As well as directly funding the legal representation of a known eco-terrorist Rod Coronado. Mr Coronado was convicted of firebombing a Michigan State University research Lab, as well as 6 other arsons, all of which he admitted to in open court as part of a plea bargain.

I am vehemently opposed to PETA, and all corporations that suport them. You will not find a single stitch of Disney propoganda in my home, as...surprise surprise...they are one of PETA's heaviest financial contributors :mad3:. I have a list of PETA's corporate sponsors somewhere, and I will try to dig it up for anyone interested.

Here is a link to the Penn and Teller episode. I don't think it's the whole thing, but it will give you a taste of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

dcutter
03-10-2009, 12:02 PM
PETA’s public relations headquarters, this conversation occurred:

A Dog, Who is also President of PETA: You guys, people totally hate us for our extremism. What should we do? Blow up something?

6th Degree Vegan: I have an even better idea. Naked ladies.

3rd Degree Vegan: What about them?

6th Degree Vegan: Put them everywhere. All our ads. Connect them to our cause, no matter how tenuously.

A Dog: But that has nothing to do with our beliefs or values.

6th Degree Vegan: Yeah but sex sells.

3rd Degree Vegan: Really?

6th Degree Vegan: I’m pretty sure. I read it on the back of a business book while I was in line at Denny's.

A Dog: You went to Denny's?! Don’t you know their glue base is made from the eye jelly of the endangered Moroccan Root Beetle?!

6th Degree Vegan: Oh No!

The 6th Degree Vegan kills himself in the traditional PETA method, by standing up too fast and collapsing from exhaustion. The others, loathe to let any part of an animal go to waste, construct a crude bicycle out of the corpse and ride it to a falafel bar.

PETA Watch Australia
03-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Just had a look at the link posted about the new Australian chapter of PETA and wondered:
how much does a PETA leader get paid?

"That one of my ears be removed, mounted, and sent to the Canadian Parliament to assist them in hearing, for the first time perhaps, the screams of the seals, bears, raccoons , foxes, and minks bludgeoned, trapped, and sometimes skinned alive for their pelts."

was she wearing a coat of these live animals when they were BLUDGEONED to death and maybe got a few whacks herself?

and as for the lesbian campaign.... don't they like to eat "kitty":scared::rolleye2:

As a self-proclaimed 'press sl*t' Newkirk would say anything for publicity.

I would be very interested Bob to see that list of PETA's corporate sponsors if you have it.

Cheers.

buckmaster
03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
As a self-proclaimed 'press sl*t' Newkirk would say anything for publicity.

I would be very interested Bob to see that list of PETA's corporate sponsors if you have it.

Cheers.

As a new member here,are you trying for us to take some bait here???:confused:

PETA Watch Australia
03-13-2009, 01:27 AM
As a new member here,are you trying for us to take some bait here???:confused:

The PETA Watch Australia site is interested in all information that relates to any organization that donates to or sponsors PETA in any way. If they can be verified a link will be placed on the site identifying them as such. This will be of interest to some of our readers.

Nice fish by the way - what type is it? Looks like a nice 4-5kg.

Thank you.

dcutter
03-16-2009, 01:36 PM
As soon as I hit the "submit reply" button, I started looking for the document I had. Sadly, I believe it was on my home system, and I lost most of my data in a crash last year.

I will continue looking for it though, and as soon as I find it I will drop it on here.

dcutter
03-16-2009, 01:49 PM
I found this list online regarding the sponsors for the PETA 25 anniversary party. Fox Broadcasting is on the list, but many of the names are not commonly known:

Platinum
• Sublime

Gold
• Benihana
• Candle 79
• Down to Earth
• Dragonfly Neo-V Cuisine
• FIJI Water
• Native Foods
• One World Vegetarian Cuisine
• Soy Boy
• The Organic Wine Company
• Whole Foods Market

Silver
• Astroburger on Melrose
• Blue Ice Vodka
• Cabo Wabo Tequila
• Dagoba Organic Chocolate
• Field Roast Grain Meat Company
• Follow Your Heart
• Harbor Candy
• Hpnotiq
• JBR Gourmet Foods, Inc.
• Johnny Rockets
• Lagunitas Brewing Co.
• Lick’s Homeburgers
• Lola’s Bar and Restaurant
• Madeleine Bistro
• MaggieMudd
• O2 Bar
• PlayFood
• Primal Spirit Foods, Inc.
• RawInTen.com
• Real Food Daily
• Sahale Snacks
• Tofurky

Bronze
• AllVegan
• Devil Spice Eats
• Edward and Sons
• El Burrito
• Honest Tea
• Kombucha Wonder Drink
• Matter of Flax
• Russell Simmons Beverage Company
• Sunflour Baking Company
• Turtle Mountain, Inc.
• Yogi Tea

Copper
• Robert’s American Gourmet
• Whaler’s Rum

Premier
• BioCorp, Inc.
• Communications Corporation of America
• JASON Natural Cosmetics
• ProspectFund.com/Cruelty-Free Investing
• Shoes With Souls, Inc.
• TheBestDayEver.com and Rawfood.com
• Whole Foods Market

Major
• Alaniz
• Ashbury Images
• Austin Rose, Inc.
• Carol House Furniture
• Chantal Cloutier
• Harbor Candy
• Jivamukti Yoga Center
• LA.com
• Mad Dogs Public House
• Matt & Nat
• Organic Bouquet, Inc.
• PetGuard, Inc.
• Richard Friar, author of The Keepers
• URB Magazine

Associate
• BridgeBlue Sourcing Partners, LLC
• Eco Lips, Inc.
• Fox Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television
• HAVE, Inc.
• Holiday Systems International
• Hot Ideas International, Inc.
• Interactive Systems, Inc.
• Law Offices of Ronald Richards and Associates
• Moore Wallace Resources for Retirement, Inc., member firm of 401K Advisors USA
• Skyline Sanctuary and Education Center
• The Raw Artist/Michel Leah
• Todd and Lori Marks/ Prudential California Realty, John Aaroe Division
• Turbo Financial, Inc.
• Wm. Whitehead Design

Supporting
• Amidon Graphics
• Citra-Solv, LLC
• Clear Conscience, LLC
• Clientell
• Ecover
• Greteman Group
• Guardian Animal Aftercare
• Johnson/Anderson Envelope Company
• Names in the News
• Primal Spirit Foods, Inc.
• Schumann Printers, Inc.
• Sheads & Associates, Ltd.

PETA Watch Australia
03-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks Bob. Our site will post on this issue soon and links will be supplied.

dcutter
03-18-2009, 08:16 AM
I was also kind of surprised Cabo Wabo tequila was a sponsor. Isn't Sammy Hagar a hunter / outdoorsman? Or am I just interchanging Sammy and Uncle Ted?:confused:

dcutter
03-30-2009, 10:27 AM
PETA’s “Animal Record” report for 2008, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 95 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2008, PETA found adoptive homes for just seven pets.

Just seven animals -- out of the 2,216 it took in. PETA just broke its own record.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Albertadiver
03-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Cabo Wabo Tequila - Won't be buying that no more...

Hpnotiq - My wife loves this stuff - Guess We'll veto that too.

Fox Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television - Figures, not much to say there...

WayneChristie
04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Since when are fish animals? I know theyve discovered new planets, and many other things since I was a schoolboy, but Im pretty sure fish are still a whole separate class from animals. I want to see some of these PETA people hug a great white, here kitty kitty! If even one did on camera Id buy a membership just to watch!!!!!:evilgrin:

WayneChristie
04-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Just another reason to boycott Fox, after the late night clown act.