PDA

View Full Version : Campbell River or Tofino / Ucluelot

blueshark
04-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Hi, i will be taking the family over to the Island for the first week in August, I'm looking for opinions on which would be the better for fishing (salmon and maybe a halibut)? Thanks! Edited to add, i will be looking to go out with a guide.

mike780
04-02-2016, 09:57 AM
No hali around campbell, go to tofino great place to go for salmon and hali.

32-40win
04-02-2016, 10:17 AM
West side is the way to go, but, make sure you book acommodations pdq, it gets busy over there that time of year, Long Beach area has some big campgrounds, but, need to be booked ahead.

Tofinoguy
04-04-2016, 07:04 AM
That is a great time to fish the Tofino area.

The Chinook run is good as well as Cohos are showing up then and you can almost always get a Hali or 2 if you put the time in on them

SamSteele
04-04-2016, 09:12 AM
I would say it also depends on the age of your family. Campbell River area is calmer, so if you have small kids they might enjoy it more. I've done Campbell once and an outfit near Miracle Beach north of Comox once, both with the family. They enjoyed the outfitter out of Miracle Beach best and we had good chinook out of there. No halibut though. The outfit was Crabby's Charters. I think he runs his boat out of the west side too if you are interested.

SS