PDA

View Full Version : Kenora ON and Fishing

carterM
04-02-2016, 07:46 PM
So I've moved to Kenora for a year for work. Currently, I'm sitting in a hotel room waiting for my stuff to show up tomorrow morning so I figured I'd try and find somewhere to fish around here when the ice is gone. I'm not having much luck...

Anyone know if Lake of the Woods is fishable from shore with any kind of success? I'm also looking for something similar to the Barry Mitchels Alberta Fishing Guide for this part of the world. So far, not having much luck. Anyone know an answer to either of those questions??

Thanks,

Carter

RavYak
04-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Just an idea but probably better off trying to find an Ontario forum or going by a few fishing shops etc ;).

So many different options out that way there must be some shore fishing spots.

carterM
04-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Lol yeah. I tried posting the same on a couple of board out here and will be heading in to a tackle shop or 3 here in the next few days. I just know we have some members from out that way and figured I'd throw a line in here :)

brohymn2
04-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Oh man your in for a treat fishing northwestern ontario

Old Wizard
04-02-2016, 08:36 PM
So many lakes nearby and all you need is time. I think you can rent a boat at Cdn. Tire downtown.

Red Bullets
04-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Lake of the woods should be fishable from shore. I fished from shore there years ago and also from a canoe. It would be good if you buy a cheap canoe. I think that most creeks around the area should hold fish too.

Here's a guide online.

http://www.thefishinguide.com/lakeofthewoods_u.php

newguy
04-02-2016, 10:12 PM
If your anywhere near Pyes Landing Marina you should be able to fish from the shore...

Mackinaw
04-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Lol yeah. I tried posting the same on a couple of board out here and will be heading in to a tackle shop or 3 here in the next few days. I just know we have some members from out that way and figured I'd throw a line in here :)

Sign into Ontario out of doors forum some good guys on there

Mack

wellpastcold
04-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Honestly, if you can't find a place to fish in and around Kenora you just aren't trying. I spend time there every summer. Just from the highway I have seen a couple hundred spots to fish. Good luck.