PDA

View Full Version : Ever been outfished.... by a girl!

4D7
02-26-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm wondering if I'm the only guy who always get out fished by there girlfriend or girl buddies. Seriously she either catches the most fish or the biggest one. Heck she even caught a huge trout outta travers during spring! First trout i've ever seen come outta there.

FisherPotch
02-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Took my x to Newell last summer. (Wasn't my ex at the time) On the last day she caught more fish than I. But in my defence I was baiting her hook lol.

Dick284
02-26-2009, 04:40 AM
All the time, by my daughter.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/Dick284/Jennaandbrowntrout002.jpg

She's got the touch, and some sort of gift for sure.

This one was'nt gonna make it for the wounds suffered from the hook, else wise it would be C/R.

dodger
02-26-2009, 04:42 AM
My wife hates fishing !! But the 2 times that she has fished with me she has showed who is the boss. At Kananaskis she got bored with my way of fishing and said fish are stupid so she put a piece of gum that she was chewing on her hook and then nailed a real nice fat Rainbow from shore. Next we were at a pothole lake and we were catching some nice 12" Rainbows when she nailed a 6 lb Rainbow dragging her line in slow along the bottom out of boredom. This may prove that fishing is just plane ***** luck and not as intricate as we all make it out to be.
Dodger.

FisherPotch
02-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Thats a beauty brown! Dick 284. Bet it was great eating too. Kudo's to her!

Thats a valid theory dodger, but I'd think it has to do more with a unique presentation. It's always worth switching it up just to see what happens, you never know you might just get a surpize. Especially if everyone and the dog fishes that spot or hole with the same presentation as the person b4 them.

tbosch
02-26-2009, 06:21 AM
My ex and I were on a holiday and I talked her in to stopping on the upper shushwap river for a night of camping and salmon fishing. I had fished there twice before that and only managed to land 3 decent springs around 16 pounds. It took her about 4 casts to hook in to the 36 pound spring that she did. In my defense it was foul hooked.......

marlin1
02-26-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm wondering if I'm the only guy who always get out fished by there girlfriend or girl buddies. Seriously she either catches the most fish or the biggest one. Heck she even caught a huge trout outta travers during spring! First trout i've ever seen come outta there.

I once caught a rainbow there too in the spring . It was like a salmon , red fleshed and it took a five of diamonds.Wieghed in at 4 pounds. And yes when the wife used to fish with me she consistently outfished me , even on the honeymoon lol

goober
02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Does not matter if it is open water or hard water the wife always wins!!:mad3::mad3: That will change this summer however.:evilgrin::evilgrin: See she will not remove the hook from a fish or bait her own hook.:mad2: Time to learn honey!!:innocent::innocent: At Pigeon once it was non stop action for her all day as my buddy and I would be too busy removing fish and baiting hooks. She caught the first fish handed me her rod and took mine from me. While holding my rod she caught another one and gave it to my buddy. Then holding his rod she lands another one... so on and so on. I am sure she out fished us by a 10-1 margin that day. I have claimed 2009 as the year of change in our house!!:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Cal
02-26-2009, 08:14 AM
I've been getting out fished by my wife ever since I met her. It used to be because I had to bait the hook and let the fish off. I've got her unhooking everything except for pike now and she still outfishes me most days

nicemustang
02-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Nope, can't say as that's ever happened to me :)

jeprli
02-26-2009, 08:42 AM
My girl comes with me every now and then, mostly to chain lakes where she likes catching little bows. She can't beat me in fishing but she does surprise me from time to time. One time at Glenmore I was on the phone and she took my rod made a cuople of casts and on the third cast she hooked a nice 8-9lb pike, hahaha you should see her primal instinct come alive :)

P.S. She gets her own fishing license every year, without me reminding her. That's how I know she respects and tolerates my "illness."

merk1
02-26-2009, 09:23 AM
All the time both my kids get me, the only thing I do for my 6yr old daughter is change hooks and take her fish off, otherwise she is very independent and is turning into quite the fisherman.

Mish
02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1923/31/17/684120400/n684120400_5435265_4576.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4275860&id=684120400)

Not only was this my first walleye, but the biggest of the day. I outfished the boys this day!!!

Anyway, I get outfished by the boys regularily, but once in awhile I get lucky :) The only guy I could outfish every time was my ex...but he was a crappy fisherman.

The real threat to fisheries are not C&R fishermen, or fishermen who catch their limits, or even poachers. It's the unassuming females in Alberta who are quiety catching 5 times the fish any male could. Thanks a lot for busting us, 4D7 :lol:

Big Red 250
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Many times, but I find comfort in knowing that my wife keeps me around as she needs someone to put leeches on her jig.

Mish
02-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Many times, but I find comfort in knowing that my wife keeps me around as she needs someone to put leeches on her jig.

Same reason I keep my man around...except my Kryptonite is maggots.

lolanr
02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I was lucky to get to go an a salmon fishing trip by Gold River once through work (aka FREE). It was me and 24 men. They all looked at me funny when I put my money in the pot for biggest fish each day and total weight on last day. I never won any money for the biggest fish, which was a big production every night, but I won for total weight. By 8lbs over 2nd place and 40lbs 3rd place. The money was handed to me in such away as I felt like I was committing a crime. There were a couple guys who actually complained that I could never catch that many fish just being a girl and all. I just laughed all the way home. I had my limit of salmon and $200 cash in my pocket and never spent a dime!

Special Blend
02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
My wife regularly outfishes me. Sometimes because i'm letting her but definately not all the time. Growing up with a family owned northern fly in fishing camp has taught her a few things. Last summer one day she caught 4 Northern Pike over 16lb. I always make sure though that she is having a good time first though. That will always keep you going out.
8lb and 6lb walleyes
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/RyanRosene/Picture194Large-1.jpg
Nice Grayling she's trying to hold the fin up on. Strong little suckers they are. Our favourite fishing of all probably.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/RyanRosene/Picture350Large.jpg

DuckBrat
02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I read a study recently that said it would be more beneficial to let a woman bait a hook or tie on a lure. Seems most men have a pheremone in their skin oil that will make some fish shy away from a hook. The lures baited by the females in the study were taken more regularly than those done by men.

JohninAB
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Most definitely but who keeps score, as long as everyone is having fun, that is all that matters.

Mish
02-26-2009, 01:12 PM
I love that pic of your wife and the grayling, SB. Looks like she is a great fishing buddy.

Cal
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
x2 that pic is worth its weight in gold and I wasnt even there.

dugh
02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
My wife has always outfished me. She's even got 3 trophies, 2 from Ft. Sask F&G and one from AFGA. And to top that off she got a huge mulie buck last fall, much bigger than the one I got. I keep bringing her along so I don't starve.
Doug

Special Blend
02-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the comments. The Grayling pic is funny. Anyone who fishes them knows how hard those strong little suckers are to hold on to.

ESOXangler
02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
the misses has a 10 1/2 pound walleye on our wall and doesn't give a s**t about it

fishstick
02-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Last saturday me and my buddy and my 14 yr.old son all got schooled on how to catch trout by mine and my buddies 11yr.old daughters.I still say if I'm gonna be out fished I hope it is by my kids!

Rollie
02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
The wife outfished me once....and only once in Midas Basin, NS. After that she vowed never to go again so she can remind me she beat me at my own game. Trust me she does remind me too...lol.

redneck posse
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
The wife outfished me once....and only once in Midas Basin, NS. After that she vowed never to go again so she can remind me she beat me at my own game. Trust me she does remind me too...lol.

rollie i seem to remember you getting out fished by EVERYONE :lol::lol:

Rollie
02-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I haven't seen any of your fish space monkey.....did however see you lose one....lol.

buckmaster
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
rollie i seem to remember you getting out fished by EVERYONE :lol::lol:

I think BBJ was the master angler at pigeon if i recall!!!:lol::lol::lol::D

deanmc
02-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I have been outfished by almost every women I know!!!! :mad2:I dont even have an excuse. The stories are too painful to tell.:cry: perhaps in my old age I will be able to talk about it.

I am glad none of the women I know hunt.:lol:

FishHound
02-26-2009, 10:38 PM
My wife caught her limit of pike on hot dogs one day, outfished me so bad they were jumping out of the hole at her. Seriously - she lost one half way up the hole and in it's panic it jumped right out of the hole into the snow.

4D7
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
haha sweet i'm not the only one! but i forgot to mention that my gf hooked a double walleye on a rig not once but TWICE that night at travers. She also landed a 9-12 pd pike outta travers, she could barely pull this thing in and she was using her whole body weight. I was very impressed.

jts1
02-27-2009, 08:28 AM
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! If my wife see this post I will have to hear about How she has fished circles around me again. But in my defense I spend more time baiting hooks and pulling hooks out of HER fish that I have no time to fish myself. Or at least thats what I tell myself when I try to sleep

OutwardBound
02-27-2009, 08:58 AM
I have to admit it, but I would have to say that Danni probably out fish's me 3 of every 4 trips.

But i have the altimate defense. So i loaded the truck, Fuelled up the truck, drove to the lake, drove the boat or set up the ice fishing tent, drilled the holes, tied her leader or swival on, picked the perfect spot, watch the fish finder, manuver the boat with the trolling motor, net her fish.

I would say I'm a pretty damm good GUIDE! and believe me i get paid for it:evilgrin:

So how can one expect to do all of this and still be able to catch the most fish.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/cbrhunter/IMG_2644.jpg

Dustin

I would rather be outfished, by Danni then not be allowed to go fishing!

Chris K
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I take my girlfriend into a few fishing tournaments each year. The second tournament we fished together we won. Day one I caught all our weigh fish, and day two she caught three of our four weigh fish. I do all the driving and tying of hooks, and she fishes harder and with more concentration than most serious guys I have fished with. I make sure she is on bottom and that her drag is good, and I am ready to net fish. Chris K