PDA

View Full Version : 3 lakes in 3 days.

jts1
02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
SuCraM and myself have a cabin on Sylvan Lake for March 1st-3rd. We are going to do Sylvan , Gull , and Pike lake. Anyone with info on ice conditions and fishing spots plz post. I dont want your super secret hole just some general info. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Marlin07
02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Bring an extension for your auger to Gull, was there lst Sunday and it was still thick and solid. The whites are starting to go, most likly the burbot are starting to spawn. I'll be on Gull Saturday night and Sunday, stop by and say hi if your out.

burbotman14
02-26-2009, 01:07 PM
How thick was the ice at gull?

jrs
02-26-2009, 02:45 PM
"How thick was the ice at gull?"

30''-36'' where i've been. I didn't get through one spot last weekend. Most of the areas i've fished only need another 2'' and the Jiffy won't get through. I'm borrowing an extension for next weekend.

burbotman14
02-26-2009, 08:12 PM
How was the fishing?

jts1
02-26-2009, 10:13 PM
SuCraM and myself have a cabin on Sylvan Lake for March 1st-3rd. We are going to do Sylvan , Gull , and Pike lake. Anyone with info on ice conditions and fishing spots plz post. I dont want your super secret hole just some general info. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Sry guys Pike Lake should read Pine lake

nicemustang
02-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a hell of a weekend for sure. Let me know how you do, I have some info on a spot on Sylvan that I haven't tried (so not verifed) that I'd like too in the next few weeks.

fishunter77
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I wish you the best of luck!! What a way to spend a weekend.:)

It is great to try different lakes, but once I find them at the first lake I keep going back to the honeyhole.

I hope you catch lots. The Whites should be picking up.

SuCraM
02-27-2009, 02:27 AM
Thanks fishhunter77. We are going to have a great time and will report results with lots of pics. I am on a mission to catch a perch damn it and I am not coming back until I do hehe. Tight lines everyone.

jrs
02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
"How was the fishing?"

Consistent, not fast and furious (10 or so fish over the day, nothing huge). This weekend should be better.

jts1
02-28-2009, 08:46 AM
My fishing partner knows Sylvan and I know a lil about Gull. but could use some info on Pine if anyone has some. Thanks guys and the best f luck to you this weekend

jts1
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Well it turned into 4 days and 4 lakes. The first day we did Gull lake we got together with some guys from this forum. lets just say the group of guys was bet'r than the fishing. After a night of Booze and poker . We hit Sylvan This day was a slow day due to the monster hangover the boys were fighting but was a good day none the less. The third day was spent on Pine Lake where I got the BIGGEST Eye of my life. We turned it into a 4 day trip with a day on Burnstick. I will post pics tonight when all the guys get there cams down loaded. I have spent this week fishing right from PCR to Gull. I have seen some good fish , but what will stick out the most. Is the guys that I have had the pleasure of spending some time with in the ice. They are what made a good trip great My hats off to all....

Walleyes
03-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Sounds like it was a blast jts1,, looking forward to the pics..

SuCraM
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Well it turned into 4 days and 4 lakes. The first day we did Gull lake we got together with some guys from this forum. lets just say the group of guys was bet'r than the fishing. After a night of Booze and poker . We hit Sylvan This day was a slow day due to the monster hangover the boys were fighting but was a good day none the less. The third day was spent on Pine Lake where I got the BIGGEST Eye of my life. We turned it into a 4 day trip with a day on Burnstick. I will post pics tonight when all the guys get there cams down loaded. I have spent this week fishing right from PCR to Gull. I have seen some good fish , but what will stick out the most. Is the guys that I have had the pleasure of spending some time with in the ice. They are what made a good trip great My hats off to all....

Just like you described it jts1. That was the best trip of my life and Neil had a blast too. You are officially my new fishing buddy. Cant wait to see your pics and the video lol. I will post your pics later tonight and email them as well. Have a good one and hop to see you again soon for our trip to catch some lunker pike.

uicehole
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
A 4 day road trip, good on ya guys I'm so jealous! Can't wait for the pics.

FishBrain
03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont think you guys should be aloud to post again until it includes the pics. lol
My daughters want to see the pike a caught. they watched me cut it up and we ate it, mmmmmmmmmmmm. but they keep asking about the pick. Jeff?? lol

SuCraM
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Got skunked the first three days but was a very happy man to land 14 perch and a decent pike the 4th day on burnstick. Awesome trip overall and cant wait till spring for some fly fishing. Pics to come later this evening.

SuCraM
03-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Here is links to pics of jts1's personal best burbot and walleye both caught on the trip.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1976313&l=87966&id=608082820
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1976310&l=e1ad7&id=608082820

jts1
03-05-2009, 10:16 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj253/jts1_album/DSCN0312.jpgI dont think you guys should be aloud to post again until it includes the pics. lol
My daughters want to see the pike a caught. they watched me cut it up and we ate it, mmmmmmmmmmmm. but they keep asking about the pick. Jeff?? lol

Here ya go man. Sry about the delay I have like 300 pics to go through I had a great time with you guys. Its my birthday on the 12th so I think another night fish on PCR will be in order prob will be the last one of the year on that lake. let me know if you are in. Will be on that weekend sometime.

FishBrain
03-06-2009, 10:35 AM
HAHA right on!!
I didnt think I was that cold but looking at the picture I have to say I must have been.
He was the smallest of the trhee that I brought home that day.
The kids are still talking about dad doing the cutting in the kitchen. before these fish the only ones they saw have been in aquariums.