PDA

View Full Version : auger pullstarter recoil problems

hockeyfish
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
anybody else having problems with the jiffy model-30? we broke the pullstarter twice this year...the first time, we had a warranty and returned it for a new one, but we broke it again....we tried pulling it and it wouldn't engage the engine at all...

we might return it and get a jiffy stealth 3 hp...the pullstarter looks alot better.

deanmc
02-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Mine seems fine but it really hasn't seen much use.

rincon
02-28-2009, 08:09 AM
I know of 3 in the last 2 days. 2 model 30s 1 legend

bbbhunter
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I bought a new Jiffy model 30 in November the first time I took it out the dog assembley on the recoil broke off, the whole piece is now plastic molded, and costs about 35.00 bucks...also parts guy told me that tecumseh went under last year, but I cannot verify that for sure. The small engine guy told me he has seen a few of these already, He said to slowly pull tho rope until the dog catches and then pull, repeat until starts, the key to not breaking the dog assembley is to make sure the dog has grabbed before yanking on it...Makes me feel like I should have kept my old one...so much for upgrading.

rincon
03-01-2009, 09:05 AM
That is stupid you pay $580 for these piles of crap and you pull the rope and they fly apart and your day is done!!

deanmc
03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
The small engine guy told me he has seen a few of these already, He said to slowly pull tho rope until the dog catches and then pull, repeat until starts, the key to not breaking the dog assembley is to make sure the dog has grabbed before yanking on it.

You should do this with any recoil if you want it to last. :)

hockeyfish
03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
I bought a new Jiffy model 30 in November the first time I took it out the dog assembley on the recoil broke off, the whole piece is now plastic molded, and costs about 35.00 bucks...also parts guy told me that tecumseh went under last year, but I cannot verify that for sure. The small engine guy told me he has seen a few of these already, He said to slowly pull tho rope until the dog catches and then pull, repeat until starts, the key to not breaking the dog assembley is to make sure the dog has grabbed before yanking on it...Makes me feel like I should have kept my old one...so much for upgrading.

thanks...we returned it for a jiffy legend

Cal
03-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Regardless of what your pullstarting, let the dog catch befor yanking, and try to stop yanking before you run out of rope. Last spring I sold a trike I had owned for two years and never had a problem with the pull start to a guy that would not listen to me when I told him to be carefull how he pulled on it. Within the week he wanted me to fix the recoil for him.