PDA

View Full Version : Salters lake???

duffy4
02-28-2009, 08:13 AM
I like to catch fish. I like to eat fish occasionally. However one of the big reasons I go fishing is to experience a lake or stream and the whole environment around and connected to it.

I was reading some older issues of AO recently and in the "Letters" section there was mention of "Salters Lake". Sounded like an interesting place my wife and I could put our canoe into and enjoy some fishing and paddling.

To my surprise I could not find it in my Alberta Fishing Bible (Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide).

Can someone please tell me where it is?

troller
02-28-2009, 08:39 AM
All I can find

SALTER'S LAKE (26-54-2-W5)

2tall4u
02-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Go into the town of Onoway and then go south 1\2 km.then turn east ,very small pond

seahawkfisher
02-28-2009, 11:14 AM
i believe that it is listed as the onoway fish and game pond. fished it once in winter; nice little lake - i'd like to check it out in the summer too. it's airrated in the winter so there could be some nice fish in there

Sartorius
03-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I was kind of wondering about this lake. I've fished it before in the summer, and it was pretty good. Some nice little footballs. It's a small place though - five boats is a crowd. I noticed that it's listed as a stocked lake in the regulations, but there seems to be no mention of it in the Alberta Fishing Guide. I thought it was a nice little "secret" fishing hole, but if it's listed as the "Onoway Fish and Game pond," I guess it's not so secret.

Morph1
03-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I've been there in the summer , lots of rainbows, the lake is stocked anually,
heard from old timers last year of trout being caught up to 5 lbs, the water in the summer was very clear too, nice little spot.