PDA

View Full Version : Halibut Fishing/West Coast

bushwackerdon
03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey guys a heads up on the west coast halibut fishing. I understand from good sources in BC, there will be no more recreational halibut fishing. So anybody interested in halibut fishing and have made plans better check with your charter outfitters. Sounds like no more recreational halibut fishing, commercial only.:sick:

madcarpenter
03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CRAP!!!!!!!!!:cry::mad2:
So much for my plans!!!
Thanks for the heads up!!

-mad

dss44
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey guys a heads up on the west coast halibut fishing. I understand from good sources in BC, there will be no more recreational halibut fishing. So anybody interested in halibut fishing and have made plans better check with your charter outfitters. Sounds like no more recreational halibut fishing, commercial only.:sick:

Where are you getting your sources, they are wronggg :lol::lol: It is 1 a day 2 possession and the recreational fishery just opened yesterday...and will remain open through to at least october. Come peak season the limit changes to 2 a day 2 possession.

Cheers.
David
SFC

nube
03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Jus talked to my guy the other day and it is the same as last year. I believe it was 2 a day and 3 possesion off of port Renfrew

dss44
03-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Jus talked to my guy the other day and it is the same as last year. I believe it was 2 a day and 3 possesion off of port Renfrew

It's 2 a day, 2 possession coastwide come peak season. Used to be 2-3 two years ago.

addicted
03-02-2009, 10:16 PM
what kind of prices are we looking at for a trip these days?

Jamie
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Depends where you want to go.
And what you want to do.
A big range of choices out there..
Day trips off of Van Island, Land based lodges, Mother ships up north.. Self guided, Fully guided, fly in, Drive in...

Way to many choices for your question.

Now this is what we get this year.
We have to get ourselfs to Prince Rupert.
Once there we stay in a nice lodge on the Ocean, all food is covered for 4 days and 4 nights. No travel time to the boats, just jump out of bed and down to the dock.

$2600 or so.

Jamie

dss44
03-02-2009, 11:32 PM

We charge $500 /person/day all inclusive if 4 guys come. If going to one of the well known lodges in the Charlottes you are looking at 2-2.5 times that price (however, their prices are also from Vancouver).