PDA

View Full Version : where to buy sturgeon tuf line or dacron leader

happyfisher
05-09-2016, 02:33 PM
i doubt im spelling it right....but gunna catch sturgeon.....need the.leader....went to.WSS they dont have....does cambodian tire carry this stuff? i live in deep south......or anyone have another idea for a.leader?

ynx

happy

RavYak
05-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Fishinhole sells it, just ask them for sturgeon leader.

happyfisher
05-09-2016, 03:17 PM
they are sooooo far away...anything in the south?

tnx

RavYak
05-09-2016, 03:21 PM
they are sooooo far away...anything in the south?

tnx

Buy online and get it shipped otherwise phone companies close by to see if they sell it...

EZM
05-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Almost anyone who sells a decent amount of fishing tackle will carry Dacron leader materials. The Fishin Hole, Wholesale, Cabelas, etc.... you can also use Big Game Fluorocarbon Leader Material @ 40-50lb weight.

http://www.tuf-line.com/products_Specialty-Lines_14.html

http://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/Categories/Fishing/Fishing-Line/Fresh-%26-Saltwater-Fishing-Lines/Braided-Dacron-150-Yard/p/48362B

http://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?action=product&se=28251

happyfisher
05-09-2016, 04:14 PM
ok kool....what better dacron braided line or tuf sturgeon leader? or really......should i just get the dacron stuff?

im by WWS so if they got it....il use it......

tnx

RavYak
05-09-2016, 05:17 PM
It doesn't matter. I think people just prefer this heavier braided line because it is soft(whereas mono or fluoro same strength is like wire) and it is more resistant to nicks and dragging on bottom etc then regular braided line(which has poor abrasion resistance).

happyfisher
05-09-2016, 06:05 PM
thanks a million.....ill b getting that dacron stuff!!!!!

tnx

happy

happyfisher
05-10-2016, 09:46 PM
k i got it all.....bring on the sturgeon!!!!!!!

happyfisher
05-16-2016, 07:57 PM
so i bought everything mentioned.....the drove to the hat...went to a secluded spot 45 mins away...and realized i didnt bring all the stuff.....lol....anyway buddy had a extra rod i just used....caught lots of fish...suckers....sauger....goldeye....walleye.... .buddy caught 2 small sturgeon.....

but we got kicked off "public land" and i call BS.....but we packed up and left.....we are getting maps and getting all the bases covered next time we head out......just cause some guy pays grazing fees on public land dont mean its his land......

rest of the time just fished in town....it was fun.....

happy

Talking moose
05-16-2016, 08:02 PM
Long as you had fun. It was a good day.

RavYak
05-16-2016, 08:38 PM
so i bought everything mentioned.....the drove to the hat...went to a secluded spot 45 mins away...and realized i didnt bring all the stuff.....lol....anyway buddy had a extra rod i just used....caught lots of fish...suckers....sauger....goldeye....walleye.... .buddy caught 2 small sturgeon.....

but we got kicked off "public land" and i call BS.....but we packed up and left.....we are getting maps and getting all the bases covered next time we head out......just cause some guy pays grazing fees on public land dont mean its his land......

rest of the time just fished in town....it was fun.....

happy

You have to get permission to access a grazing lease.

http://esrd.alberta.ca/recreation-public-use/recreation-on-agricultural-public-land/documents/RecreationAgPL-YouNeedKnow-May13-2015.pdf

happyfisher
05-16-2016, 09:32 PM
are u sure? so i can just spend 900 bucks for a grazing license.....then let no one on the land?sounds stupid

what does anyone else think?

Joe Quiroga
05-16-2016, 09:37 PM
It becomes a private lease, you need permission to enter.

RavYak
05-16-2016, 09:40 PM
are u sure? so i can just spend 900 bucks for a grazing license.....then let no one on the land?sounds stupid

what does anyone else think?

Read the link...

They can only refuse you access in very limited situations.

If you just barge on without permission(like you did) then of course they can tell you to leave.

That is assuming you are correct in that it is a public land grazing lease.

happyfisher
05-16-2016, 09:45 PM
so joe above is wrong? so i just call say im coming and thats it?

lol.....ill figure it.out

happyfisher
05-16-2016, 09:46 PM
so....u say i need permision....and if yhey dont give it? looks like i have to go to the land people and set up arbitration or something....

happyfisher
05-16-2016, 10:00 PM
lol....foot acsess only? so the lease holder can say come on in...but u have to walk...no fires or camping.....and this is "public land? ".....lol.....stupif

Joe Quiroga
05-17-2016, 01:25 PM
You have to get permission to access a grazing lease.

http://esrd.alberta.ca/recreation-public-use/recreation-on-agricultural-public-land/documents/RecreationAgPL-YouNeedKnow-May13-2015.pdf

Some good info in there, thanks. Seems like there are a variety of reasons applicable here that you can be denied access.

My experiences in the last couple weeks were accessing corporate owned lands that were privately leased. After looking more closely into it the lands are actually owned by EID not the province.

happyfisher
05-17-2016, 02:48 PM
what is EID?

Joe Quiroga
05-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Eastern Irrigation District.

Www.eid.ca

happyfisher
05-17-2016, 02:55 PM
hummm well i dunno if they own the land or not...went to website and looked at maps......didnt load...so dunno.....ill do more research......

tnx