PDA

View Full Version : Hilliard's Bay on Lesser Slave Lake

StanH
05-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know what the boat launch is like at Hilliard's Bay? I have heard the water level is quite low in Slave this year.
StanH

I-Love-Eyes
05-14-2016, 11:41 PM
We were at Faust last weekend and were told that the boat launch and marina at Shaw's Point was completely closed. I don't imagine Hilliard's is in much better shape.

bill pietz
05-15-2016, 05:35 PM
Check the shaws point web site. Their marina is 5-6 feet deep and ready.

Worm
05-16-2016, 07:34 PM
According to notification here, it appears the launch is closed.

http://www.albertaparks.ca/hilliards-bay/

Walleye Willy
05-16-2016, 08:25 PM
We were at Faust last weekend and were told that the boat launch and marina at Shaw's Point was completely closed. I don't imagine Hilliard's is in much better shape.

Do you know if the boat launch at Bay Shore Resort is open? It can be pretty shallow at the mouth of the channel to the lake.

I-Love-Eyes
05-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Do you know if the boat launch at Bay Shore Resort is open? It can be pretty shallow at the mouth of the channel to the lake.

We were told that Bay Shore was closed also. Things may have changed, but the scuttlebutt was that Bay Shore folks were looking for berths at the Faust marina.

The fellow we talked to lives in Faust and he said the exit from Faust marina is only 2 feet at the end of the pier, so extra care needs to be taken.

maximusII
05-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Check the shaws point web site. Their marina is 5-6 feet deep and ready.

I was there Sunday. Fella in a boat in the middle said 2.4 feet in the middle of the main marina.

Faust Marina is 4-5 in the marina and 3-3.5 going out into the lake.

Jousard is 1.5-2 feet

Spruce Point is shallow as hell. I can see the sand bars zig zaging all over the entry but did not ask anyone how it was to get out.

I am pictures if anyone wants them.

sportman
05-17-2016, 04:31 PM
I talked to Sprue Point marina today. They said only 14" of water. They had marked a small channel with buoys but the wind blew them away. They have not seen any big boats go out.

outdoors forever
05-18-2016, 03:38 AM
Hilliards Bay boat launch is closed and will be through the long weekend.

There are not even any docks in the water as the depth is only about a foot even out to 30 / 40 yards off the shore. Sand bars criss-crossing the entire front of the beach / boat launch area.

Barnes19
05-19-2016, 04:20 PM
Anybody know how it looks on the South side of the lake (Faust)?
Are the fish biting if you're able to get on the water?