PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan lake launches

liv2fish
05-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Hey guys. Have a site booked at jarvis bay for the july long weekend. Just wondering where the best place to launch at sylvan is? Havent fished there in alot of years. We used to use the marina in town but now they charge 40 bucks to launch or something ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Donkey Oatey
05-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Hey guys. Have a site booked at jarvis bay for the july long weekend. Just wondering where the best place to launch at sylvan is? Havent fished there in alot of years. We used to use the marina in town but now they charge 40 bucks to launch or something ridiculous.

The only other actual boat launch is Sunbreaker Cove, but it is hooped until at least beginning of June. They have to do some maintenance on it.

There are a couple range roads on the south west side that you can launch from but there is no parking and no order, free for all. Good luck.

Personally I think you are better off traveling the 20km north and launch your boat at Gull and have a better time of it there. Bet the distance from Jarvis to Gull would be about the same as running out to Sunbreaker.

millsboy79
06-09-2016, 10:45 AM
The only other actual boat launch is Sunbreaker Cove, but it is hooped until at least beginning of June. They have to do some maintenance on it.

Any word on this boat launch? Hoping to hit the lake on Sunday.

Thanks

dutchman
06-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Was out on the weekend and the launch is good to go. They dredged out that big pile of gravel and dropped in some big 10x20' pads at the end of the blocks. The pads should help with future gravel build up from the prop wash.
No problems launching/loading a 21' boat.

millsboy79
06-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Was out on the weekend and the launch is good to go. They dredged out that big pile of gravel and dropped in some big 10x20' pads at the end of the blocks. The pads should help with future gravel build up from the prop wash.
Thanks for the info

newguy
06-09-2016, 04:38 PM
glad they fixed it! the kid ripped off the lights and plate on our trailer a couple weeks ago.

fluxcore
06-09-2016, 06:13 PM
I was kinda hoping it wouldn't come up that it's fixed yet so the crowds stay down:thinking-006: Oh well. Have to get there early on Saturday.

liv2fish
06-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the info. Ive been mia for a while. Going to hopefully check it out july long!

rckyview
06-09-2016, 09:53 PM

The other way to avoid the gravel bars is to avoid power loading. I was out at Gull today, and the launch there has a huge hole at the end of the ramp, and sand bars behind and to the sides. Honestly, they put winches on trailers for a reason.