PDA

View Full Version : Baptiste river access flowing into nsr

Girlsfishtoo
05-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Wondering how to get there by Rocky mountain house and what the fishing is like thanks

smitty9
05-16-2016, 09:39 PM
My suggestion is to do one or a combo of three things.

1. Buy a copy of Backroads Mapbook for that area. You get the convenience of having detailed hardcopies of maps for the area.

2. Look at google maps and have a look that way.

3. If you have a smartphone, download an app like maps.me to effectively function like a gps device. I really like this app!

Basically, head west from Rocky Mtn House on hwy 11, turn north on the Crimson Lake road Sec. hwy 756. Follow it north till you cross the Baptiste. That's just based on looking at google maps.

How's the fishing? Never been there. But...I hear things.

Be aware you are travelling near the O Chiese reserve. Be considerate of trespassing if you're thinking of fishing the middle / upper reaches away from the mouth.

Smitty

Girlsfishtoo
05-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Thanks, google maps don't do justice for me I'd like to hear from real ppl who have been there and experienced it what's the road is like ect

Red Bullets
05-17-2016, 12:33 AM
Passed over the bridge but I've have not fished at the confluence but have been told it has been a fishing place in fall for rockies for a long time. It can't be that hard to get to from the bridge. I'm pretty sure there would be a path in.

genno
05-17-2016, 08:37 AM
I went there the other day and there is signs saying private road for penn west, violators will be prosecuted if you went straight down the crimson lake road. The Indian reserve there I'm guessing has access to the river if you could get permission.

bigbadjoe108
09-17-2021, 12:33 PM
Hi all,

Heading up to Rocky for the weekend. Curious if anyone fishes the Baptiste? What should we bring/expect?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Red Bullets
09-17-2021, 05:48 PM
Big Bad Joe-
No real suggestions for the Baptiste. Rockies like white flies. Spinners for the trout. The Clearwater river or North Sask. river by Rocky can be good too.