PDA

View Full Version : Site Specific Regs on Clear Lake

BearnDown
03-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Ok, first of all, I'm the first guy to laugh at those who ask Regulations questions here without consulting their regs. I've been out to Clear Lake a couple of times this week, and always end up fishin next to the same old fella (well, 50ish anyway). My first time out I asked him a couple questions about how they catch em here, what they use...blah blah blah. He told me that the Pike had to be 63 cm to keep (pretty standard), and Walleye were strictly catch and release. When I got home I checked it out and can't find Clear Lake in the site-specific regs anywhere, which led me to believe that Walleye are wide open (over 50 cm). The next time I went out, I ended up next to the same old fart, and made him a $20 bet that in fact we could keep 3 Walleye over 50 cms. He laughed at me and took the bet, telling me that its "in black and white in the regs".

I've been up and down all over the regs and can't find anything about Clear Lake, so it would fall under province wide regs which clearly state:

B. For Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds listed and fish species listed under “PP1 Lake and Stream Listings” starting on this page.
You must follow the regulations stated with each listing.

C. For other PP1 Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds not included under (A) or (B) and for fish species not mentioned at a listed lake.
Open all year – Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10; (where present, Trout limit 5; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm); Bait allowed.

I know some lakes go by 2 different names....does this one, or did I just score $20?

Duck Hunt
03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
CLEAR LAKE IS NOT in regs, either is chain i believe, weird!

OutwardBound
03-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Thats the way i read the regs as well we fish Clear lake quite often. I would say you just won $20. Was the old guy in a older silver Nissan Frontier? We've met him a few times as well. Also Twin Valley resivior is not listed and follows the same rules.

We have never caught a Walleye from there. Didn't think there was any unless you know something different?:wave:

Dustin

Mish
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Thats the way i read the regs as well we fish Clear lake quite often. I would say you just won $20. Was the old guy in a older silver Nissan Frontier? We've met him a few times as well. Also Twin Valley resivior is not listed and follows the same rules.

We have never caught a Walleye from there. Didn't think there was any unless you know something different?:wave:

Dustin

Same here...never even heard of any walleye in there.

OutwardBound
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Just to add, Duck if a lake isn't listed specifically then it falls under the province wide regs ie Clear Lake falls under pp1 bc of its geographical location. There are many lakes that aren't listed specifically.

Danni

AlbertaAngler
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
CLEAR LAKE IS NOT in regs, either is chain i believe, weird!

Chain falls under the stocked lakes listings. The one by longview that is.

BearnDown
03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
According to the old guy there are Wallys in there. We havn't caught one but we're only fishin in 4 feet of water, I think if we hit the deeper water they'd show up....if they're actually there. So far his credibility is in the toilet anyway :rolleye2:

gonefishin
03-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Which Clear Lake are you talking about?

BearnDown
03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Stavley

bucktaker
03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
:lol::lol: ive talked to same guy. Says he fishs there all the time when the wife is cleaning the house then slips away to the bar for a beer or two :lol::lol::lol:

loopyalcsel
03-05-2009, 09:07 PM
pretty sure twin valley is in the regs but there ain't no fish in there anyways

Mish
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Is this the guy that always fishes by the dock?

OutwardBound
03-05-2009, 11:59 PM
pretty sure twin valley is in the regs but there ain't no fish in there anyways

Lakes listed in PP1

Stonehill Lake
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm.
Mar. 16 to May 7 –CLOSED

Taber (Lake ) Reservoir
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10.
Mar. 16 to May 7 – CLOSED

Tilley ‘B’ Reservoir
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10.

Travers Reservoir
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10.

Twelve Mile Coulee Reservoir
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10.

Tyrrell Lake – Open all year – Rainbow limit 5; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10.

Unnamed (Burdett) Reservoir
May 8 to Mar. 15 – Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10.

Twin Valley falls under the General regs for PP1 it's not specifically metioned.

If it's the same guy he is usually just a little north of the rock wall, maybe 10 ' north and 10' out from it. At least thats where i've seen him a few times this year.

Dustin

BUD
03-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Just read the regs on the Govt website , MY WILD ALBERTA , says any lake not specified follows province wide regs , 3 walleye over 50 cm is what it says you can keep, so you won 20 bucks , l would not hesitate to keep 3 over 50cm from there , IF you can catchum of course