PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Biche

Twitch
05-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Headed out to LLB this Thursday. Going to be around Winston Churchill park with a canoe and my son (his first fishing adventure). Any hints where to find fish around that area (I know in the water...lol). Just having some c&r fun and maybe a few perch for shore lunch. Thank in advance guys..

Talking moose
05-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Headed out to LLB this Thursday. Going to be around Winston Churchill park with a canoe and my son (his first fishing adventure). Any hints where to find fish around that area (I know in the water...lol). Just having some c&r fun and maybe a few perch for shore lunch. Thank in advance guys..

Perch are pretty hard to find now.

yetiseeker
05-17-2016, 10:40 AM

Fish off the eastern shore of the peninsula - right off the boat launch - the water goes to 40 feet pretty quickly (maybe 100 feet from shore??). The section from the launch, north to the bridge holds fish.

The roadway / peninsula creates a good windblock as well, especially when fishing from a canoe.

You should be able to get into Pike and Walleye there, but Perch - well good luck to you sir!

Twitch
05-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Thanks yetiseeker! Sure to have lots of fun trying to find em...! Talking moose if I find em I'll let you know....

Talking moose
05-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Thanks yetiseeker! Sure to have lots of fun trying to find em...! Talking moose if I find em I'll let you know....

:sHa_shakeshout:

Barbwire
05-17-2016, 02:32 PM
Good luck in your search Twitch.

I also have a question on LLB. If a guy were gonna fish on the NE side towards the owl river, where would be the best place to launch a 19 foot Lund??? A little nervous on that end of the lake with all the shallow areas.

Thank you for any advice:)

Barbwire

snowman93
05-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Water is really low , lot of guys having trouble everywhere launching from what I gather . Staying at white sands and the guys launching here are having some troubles , one side of the launch is filled in .

Safety D
05-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Best to keep prop boats off unless you feel like spending thousands to fix them.

Warmbreeze
05-18-2016, 12:23 AM
I have heard of people really wanting to go near Owl River. Must be pretty good if it is the prop and transom killer it is. :p

I was out on the weekend and like a few have said along the causeway North from boat launch was pretty good. You could also drive further into park to where the day use area (still on East side) is and go from there since you have canoe. Still the East side, work your way South from that point.

Good luck and have fun!!

iYearn
05-18-2016, 11:48 AM

On the NE Corner is a day use picnic/beach area. Just off the beach is a nice little drop that we have had consistent luck for pike. And it can be nice and calm there (depending on wind direction) for the canoe. Have fun!!

Twitch
05-20-2016, 01:07 AM
Thanks for all the advice ...let you guys know how we make out...